Broker Service Consultant
To provide a dedicated and comprehensive service to our global Intermediary network. Aid the business to maintain and grow our customer base with a pro-active approach to providing excellent customer service via the management of portfolios.
Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email and webchat.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving all customer queries to the customer’s complete satisfaction without the need to refer the customer on. This will include resolving complex and challenging situations from Intermediaries.
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
You will be a customer service champion, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and putting forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience.
Deliver the highest level of customer service to include taking ownership of day-to-day client account issues and liaising with the appropriate areas of the business to resolve within agreed service levels.
- To proactively manage a portfolio of Intermediary network schemes (Individual and SME groups); retaining, maintaining and expanding business in line with agreed targets. To provide a dedicated and comprehensive service to these business customers, acting as the primary point of contact for intermediaries within their portfolio and deliver the highest level of customer care.
- Good numeracy skills in order to work out group billing or commissions require, similar to an accounting skill.
- The role requires investigation of issues, an ability to recognise trends of issues and where other processes are going wrong – being proactive in recommending solutions. This requires some business acumen.
- The team member will be expected to take ownership and seek to resolve queries, in particularly any regulated activities under the insurance regulation of Hong Kong Insurance Authority, from our business customers via letter, fax, e-mails, telephone calls, and face to face contact. In order to resolve queries the team member will be required to liaise negotiate and co-ordinate with other teams to ensure customer focused action.
- The team member will be expected to establish and develop effective relationships by managing a regional portfolio of business customers.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the computer records reflect up to date communications with the intermdiary so that enquiries can be dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Pro-active service on your own initiative at all times.
- The team member will be expected to assist with the workload of other teams in the department according to their skills and development needs.
- In addition, the team member will be called upon to train and mentor new members of the Broker Service Team depending on experience and knowledge.
- Team members will be actively involved in the renewal process making sure everything has been done according to the agreement with the client.
- Team members will participate in client visits, and potential client visits, in order to promote the service the team provides.
- Provide the necessary support to our clients training them when needed in issues such as: Explaining documentation, use of web-sites and claiming processes.
- Make sure SME groups are paid up-to-date and follow the relevant process if this is not the case.Pro-actively encourage and promote the use of our websites
- Able to respond in three languages – English, Cantonese and Mandarin
The Ideal Candidate
- IIQE Paper I and II are required in order to obtain valid license with Hong Kong Insurance Authority (HKIA). If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months.
- Complete the required CPD hours recognised by HKIA in order to maintain a valid individual insurance agent license with HKIA.
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Knowledge of both new business processes and account management are useful but not essential
- Previous experience of a complex and multi skilled customer facing roles within a contact centre setting.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding productivity and quality targets
- Highly customer focussed and detail-minded.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Comprehensive product knowledge both within Bupa Global and for key competitors
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills
- Good written communication, a high level of assertiveness and an excellent telephone manner
- Self-motivated, articulate and numerate
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organisation – both within Bupa Global and externally
- To have a good geographical knowledge, an understanding of differing cultural drivers and an appreciation of differing time zones
- Excellent PC skills are essential including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About the Company
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.