Service Manager, Customer Services (12 months fixed term)
Ensure that agreed customer service experience is delivered at all times within the Customer Service Department through the effective leadership of our Customer Service Consultants and team coaches.
The focus of this role is to ensure that we are coaching, managing performance, delivering on SLAs and growing our people to deliver outstanding performance against targets.
The Service Managers are responsible for the Customer Service department meeting all SLAs. The Service Manager will drive a culture of customer focus and continuous improvement.
This is a 12 months fixed term role
Deliver the agreed customer service experience through:
- Coaching, developing and leading a highly skilled team
- Managing absences to the agreed standard
- Dealing with any performance issues
- Complete regular 121s with all team members
- Managing team performance and ensuring the agreed service experience
- Focus on driving the key targets of first call resolution, Net Promoter scores, Customer Interaction Survey scores and quality assessments
- Ensure that resources are managed in line with the workforce plan
- Work closely with the Continuous Improvement Partners and other Service Managers to ensure ongoing improvement and alignment
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure good quality two way communication
- Support or lead recruitment and the academy function
- Drive the communication process with the department, including responsibility for all messages that are conveyed (content and style)
- Accountable for the resolution of customer related issues that are identified by your team. Responsible for identifying/removing any barriers that impacts the delivery of outstanding customer satisfaction
- Ensures high levels of employee engagement, measured through eNPS (pulse surveys) . Understands, acts and shares eNPS results with the team, building relevant actions plans for improvement.
- Ensure there are high levels of team working and that the team is aligned and engaged with Bupa’s purpose and goals
- Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance. Being an ambassador for the function
- Responsible for discovering and implementing potential opportunities for improving the customer experience.
- Adherence to required regulatory guidelines and specifically financial conduct authorities regulations
Department specific accountabilities for this role:
- Works closely with the Continuous improvement team to ensure that processes across Customer Services are effective and support the best customer experience
- Point of escalation for customer issues that need to be referred by the Customer Service Consultants
- Leading – Advanced
- Working effectively – Intermediate
- Knowing our business – Intermediate
- Loved by customers - Advanced
The Ideal Candidate
Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
Substantial experience of leading the delivery of customer service within a contact centre setting through leading a team
A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
Able to establish a performance management culture. Evidence of building talented high performing teams and getting the best out of highly talented people whilst quickly and effectively managing performance issues
Experience of managing employees who are leaders (for example a team coach or team leader) is advantageous.
Strong ability to carry out effective coaching and development
Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
Exposure to project work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives.
An ability to speak a second language would be an advantage