Service Manager - Business Relations
The Business Relations Team Manager is responsible for the end to end servicing of our UAE business to business (B2B) customers whether they are corporate accounts or broker partners. UAE Service Team has a global focus, and we count a number of high-profile global corporations as our customers.
Your focus will be on managing your team’s resources to deliver the best possible servicing experience to these customers, and to ensure that relationships within your team and between your team and the wider organisation contribute to business success through customer satisfaction and retention.
You’ll work closely with your counterparts in the Sales organisation - and across the wider Oman Insurance and Bupa Global operations - to drive business growth, so you’ll need to have an excellent commercial focus and an understanding of key business drivers.
You will directly manage and lead your team to achieve service delivery targets, and will use your first class people management skills to create outstanding customer satisfaction. You will be accountable for your team’s activities as well as the total ownership of system, process and customer issues that may rise from time to time and be proactive in delivering solutions.
You will also be required to play a larger role in project work as well as provide support to the development of the Team Leader group as a whole. You will also be required to give input into the broader strategy for the Business Relations area as required through working closely with the other Team Managers and the Head of Operations, UAE.
For this role we are looking to hire UAE National (Emiratis) only.
- Achieve operational targets as communicated to you by your direct line manager through the management of individual team member performance, ensuring that specific and measurable KPIs are agreed and met - performance management of your team is key to your success and the success of the department
- Resolve any issues (system, process and customer related) that are identified by your team – you will be responsible for removing any barriers that get in the way of delivering outstanding customer satisfaction
- Complete regular 1:1 meetings with all team members, hold regular team meeting and develop people in line with their personal development plan, encouraging excellence but dealing with performance issues, where required
- Manage and allocate workloads within your team based on strengths and development requirements
- Lead your team by example – be available to them, support team members where necessary and provide inspirational leadership. Encourage ‘followership’
- Take ownership of the quality and coaching process for all team members and responsibility for all results
- Manage the perception of you and your team within the business, supporting Head of Operations, UAE by acting as an ambassador for the team
- Be responsible for the adequate staffing of your team to achieve excellent results, including the recruitment and selection of new team members and internal moves and promotions
- Effectively mentor and coach those team leaders allocated to you – you are expected to provide support in the following areas;
- Team performance and management issues
- Establishment of and measurement of team KPIs
- Issue route cause analysis
- Support communication between team leaders and Head of Operations, UAE
Business Results Focus
- Manage the quality and productivity levels within the team, consistently achieving business KPIs and targets
- Identify areas of process and quality improvement and effectively communicate these opportunities when they arise to the Head of Operations, UAE
- Work closely with colleagues in the Sales department to ensure your teams are effectively supporting the Sales organisation, and therefore the business, to achieve growth targets.
- Participate in external customer meetings/conference calls with various levels of management where appropriate to support Bupa Global’s service proposition and to ensure the levels of customer service and quality experienced are consistently excellent
- Take personal responsibility for the identification, analysis and resolution of any situation where service levels are less than expected
- Be commercially focused and understand business risks, business drivers and balancing perceived risk with return
- Act as an Account Manager, managing relationships both within and outside of the business and being accountable for the completion of tasks
- Act as an escalation point for any issues from your team’s Portfolio
- Ensure that resources are managed in line with the Annual Operating Plan, but to raise concerns with your Head of Operations UAE if plan deviation is required
- Team Schedule Adherence, including rota management, productivity management, sickness management and holiday management
- Work closely with other Team Manager’s and the Planning team to ensure your team’s resources are correctly scheduled keeping in mind the requirements of the full BGME Operations Teams
- Ensure efficient completion of all team administration and MI tasks to maximise time spent with team members and ensure sufficient time is allocated to project work and team leader development
- Take responsibility for your own personal development
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings where required – you will be required to ‘chair’ team meetings from time to time
- Succession Planning – supporting Head Of Operations UAE in the development of the team leader group
- Support additional projects when requested by the Head Of Operations UAE including the implementation of new processes and continuous process improvement
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent as a minimum, medical field preferred. Masters Degree an advantage.
- 5-7 years experience in a leadership position within: insurance, service industry or healthcare industry
- Middle East work experience required, DHA and HAAD experience preferred
- Experience of face to face customer-focused meetings and negotiations
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of mentoring and coaching a team to succeed
- Solid experience at Team Leader/Manager level with the ability to demonstrate a successful track record
- Understanding of Process management and improvement methodology, with a particular focus on service quality
- Excellent People management experience
- Excellent analytical and commercial skills
- Commercial focus and ability to analyse multiple data types
- Experience of working in an Global capacity and managing remote teams would be desirable
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.