Service Manager Business Partnerships - 12 month FTC
Ensure that agreed customer service experience is delivered at all times within the Business Partnerships teams that provide support to our Corporate Customer Groups, our Brokers and our Insurance Partners. Provide effective leadership of our frontline colleagues – our most important asset in delivering our customer experience and ensure our Corporate Customers, Brokers and Insurance Partners receive an outstanding service. A key focus of this role is to ensure that we are coaching, managing performance, delivering on SLAs and growing our people all to deliver outstanding performance against targets.
Deliver the agreed customer service experience through
- Coaching, developing and leading a highly skilled team (note team members are predominately based in the UK but where required, the role may include leading teams who are based outside of the UK)
- Managing absences to the agreed standard
- Dealing with any performance issues
- Complete regular 121s with all team members
- Managing team performance and ensuring the agreed service experience
- Focus on driving the key targets of first call resolution, episodic Net Promoter scores & quality
- Ensure that resources are managed in line with the workforce plan
- Work closely with the Continuous Improvement, Change Leads and other Service Managers to ensure ongoing improvement of the operating platform.
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure good quality two way communication
- Support recruitment as required
- Drive the communication process with the department, including responsibility for all messages that are conveyed (content and style)
- Accountable for the resolution of customer related issues that are identified by your team. Responsible for identifying/removing any barriers that impacts the delivery of outstanding customer satisfaction
- Ensures high levels of employee engagement, measured through GPS (Global People Survey) scores. Understands, acts and shares GPS results with the team, building relevant actions plans for improvement.
- Ensure there are high levels of team working and that the team is aligned and engaged with Bupa’s purpose and goals
- Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance. Being an ambassador for the function
- Responsible for discovering and implementing potential opportunities for improving the customer experience.
- Adherence to required regulatory guidelines and specifically financial conduct authorities regulations
Department specific accountabilities for this role:
- Ownership of designated processes in the Business Partnerships department. To implement, embed, improve and document new and existing operational processes, with ongoing governance of performance
- Point of escalation for serious customer complaints – individual, Group, Partner and Intermediary
- Oversee the group renewal process, ensuring that the renewals happen accurately and within specific client group expectations
- Host client visits where needed
- Oversee the management of the Corporate Group schemes, ensuring that Group Secretaries receive the highest level of customer service possible.
- Oversee the management of the Intermediary network schemes, ensuring the highest level of customer service possible
- To assist in the creation of appropriate MI to manage your team and customers.
- Support the handover of new partners/projects into BAU as required
- Develop, manage and report appropriate Best Practice Procedure governance controls
- Identify risks and implement additional controls as required
- Document and agree an escalation process should any issues arise
The Ideal Candidate
Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
Previous experience of leading the delivery of customer service within a contact centre environment
A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
Able to establish a performance management culture. Evidence of building talented high performing teams and getting the best out of highly talented people whilst quickly and effectively managing performance issues
Strong ability to carry out effective coaching and development
Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
Exposure to project work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives.
An ability to speak a second language would be an advantage
Experience of managing an off-shore relationship
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.