Senior Reporting Analyst
The USSC senior reporting analyst creates data results through a mastery of techniques and tools that range from basic queries through multidimensional analyses and data mining, forming new relations and derivations as necessary, and extracting the maximum amount of valid information content from the data. Extensive insight into the business and the data are essential.
The USSC Senior Reporting Analyst needs to have strong experience in SQL Development (Creation of Store Procedures, Database structure, high complexity queries connecting different sources of data), Excel Dashboards (Analysis of data for executives and managers using pivot tables and charts), SSRS Reports (applying business rules in order to consolidate different data in one single report) and SSIS Packages including but not limited to data conversions, notifications, event handlers and variable management. This person should have an analytical common sense to take decisions affecting data structure, processes and procedures in order to be consistence with existing methodology and management of information.
This individual would be responsible for collecting and evaluating real time and historical data to enhance the performance of the operational functions involved in the services provided by BG for customers accessing the US. In addition, responsibilities also include designing and running reports with the necessary parties to monitor the defined SLA’s with BCBS; as well as support of Operational managers in planning the teams’ work-load and assignments.
As the USSC Operational reporting environment matures, this role would be responsible for the development and execution of data warehousing and modeling projects that support the ongoing exploration of data and the business’ BI capabilities.
The analyst will be responsible for the development, production and analysis of reports. He or she will utilize various data sources to compile and interpret critical information. He or she must be able to assess data and perform credible analyses using sound judgment and reasoning to draw conclusions leading to improved processes and performance.
- Analyze trends using statistical models and quantitative evaluation methodologies
- Develop sophisticated analytical models to support business decisions
- Ability (and intellectual curiosity) to learn new business areas and processes quickly
- Comfortable discussing and approaching high-level concepts without needing details
- Identify appropriate data sources (both qualitative and quantitative) for analysis when presented with business issues
- Source and analyze data to provide insight into issues, constraints and control weaknesses
- Business Process Analysis & Solution Design
- Integrates the data from the three Latin America businesses (Miami, CPH, and Brighton), and ensures all inconsistencies are understood & documented.
- Maintains detailed and comprehensive documentation of the queries and reports.
- Maintains a status report for data issues & actions.
- Proactively plans, initiates and develops easy-to-use query tools and reports
- Coordinate with the IT Department the specific data needs for the Operational teams
- Performs other related functions as assigned by the Head of Center Manager
- To develop expert skills required for the role including SQL Server, SharePoint and other technologies and demonstrate these skills through industry certification.
- To develop the skills required to work in an office environment including written & verbal communications, time management, meeting skills etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS degree must or Master’s Degree highly desirable (coursework in analytic areas of study, including but not limited to business, math, statistics, economics, or finance), and 3+ years of experience in an analytics, strategy consulting, database management, or other quantitative role
- Strong knowledge of database and reporting applications, including Excel, Access and Sharepoint.
- Prefer experience in insurance or health care & experience with accounting systems.
- Experience developing queries across various database systems
- 3+ years of experience with SQL programming.
- 3+ years of experience leveraging reporting and analytical tools such as SAS, Tableau, SSRS, and/or SSAS.
- A general understanding of data warehousing processes
- Detail Oriented with a strong analytical aptitude and ability to mold data into information
- Ability to organize and present data to staff members
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Must be self motivated with the ability to work alone or with others
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, time management and multitasking
- Effective written and oral communication skills
About the Company
Las decisiones que involucren actividades de reclutamiento y selección en Bupa Global Latinoamerica no serán influenciadas por diferencias en cuanto a sexo, raza, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, convicciones políticas, religión, estado civil, condición social y de salud, responsabilidades de cuidado familiar, origen nacional o étnico, capacidades diferentes (discapacidades), edad, ciudadanía, o membresía a un cuerpo representativo excepto cuando sea requerido o justificado por cualquier ley aplicable.