Senior IT Internal Auditor
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centers, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA. This new IT audit position within the Group Internal Audit (GIA) function will interact with executives and officers across multiple businesses and operations and report to the Head of Internal Audit – Bupa Global Latin America. This position provides unparalleled opportunity to learn about the Company’s various businesses and operations and can lead to career opportunities outside and within the internal audit department. This position is expected to be based in Miami, FL. with approximately [ 20-30%] travel.
- Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on application and infrastructure security.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the IT Risk Assessment at the Regional Level under the oversight of the Head of Internal Audit and ELA Head of IT Audit; including identifying areas where business units should consider additional investment and areas internal audit should focus.
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in performance of IT audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes. Prepare and report results to executives and Audit Committees when required.
- Perform pre and post- implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements.
- IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system and data center), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated. Coordinate the scope and performance of these reviews with business units and external security experts.
- Evaluate information general computing controls and provide value added feedback. Test compliance with those controls.
- Perform various other reviews of the company systems management policies and procedures to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness, (including for risk assessments). Ultimately be a source for analytics that business units adopt to provide business insights or for continuous auditing.
- Conduct audits or lead audit teams in IT matters during operational / financial audits.
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Training:
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance or Accounting
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking, and UNIX (preferred).
Managerial, Technical or Professional Experience
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant insurance experience with an IT background.
- Prior position in IT Governance/IT Audit – internal audit or external auditing firm.
- Progressive achievement in one or more of the traditional IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management).
- Experience with IT Operations desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management, and finance and accounting practices and methods.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal control environments within the IT function.
- Experience with multiple technology domains including aspects of Windows, Unix and/or database administration, software development and networking.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Proactive, hands-on, results-driven orientation required.
- Ability to blend exceptional attention to detail with an ability to retain strategic direction within a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial business culture.
- Ability to produce high quality work products for both the IT groups and Senior Management.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree – Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, IT Risk Management/Governance, Business Administration
- Recognized accounting/auditing/information system certifications (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP)