Senior Corporate Client Manager
The Senior Corporate Client Manager for Corporate sales will report to the Head of Global Accounts with the primary goal of establishing strong client relationships with senior contacts within an assigned client portfolio of Bupa’s key and strategic clients. Building consultative relationships to understand client strategic needs and how Bupa Global capabilities can help deliver solutions is key to ensure continued growth for Global Corporate Sales and long term client relationships.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships within a portfolio, ensuring win / win relationships and requirements of clients are delivered within Bupa Global’s operational capacity and risk appetite.
- Negotiate and finalise each renewal.
- Ensure client Management processes are appropriately executed and that documentation, presentations, reporting, analysis etc are of the highest quality.
- Champion the needs of the clients whilst balancing the needs of the business, by presenting ideas to the business to continually develop Bupa Globals value proposition.
- Remain up to date with Bupa Global’s propositions to be able to provide advice on the most appropriate cover options for clients, including strong relationships with pricing and marketing.
- Proactively identify additional support required to deliver corporate client requirements and opportunities to delight.
- Develop collective agreement with stakeholders across the business to ensure continuous superior service offering for corporate clients.
- Ensure all business and personal targets and objectives set and agreed with Head of Global Accounts are met.
- Manage corporate client account plans and provide advice to clients on their benefits, annual claims spend, market and regulation changes.
- Monitor and prepare client account performance and sales material to high quality and senior stakeholder standards.
- Represent Bupa Global as a professional organisation through superior preparation and planning prior to engaging with clients and ensuring appropriate after-sales service and support.
- Maintain an awareness of trends and developments that may impact Bupa’s ability to service Corporate partners, including regulatory and other market conditions that may impact Bupa’s approach with Corporate clients.
- Support the full Bupa Global Market Unit sales function to continually improve sales and retention targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Relevant education in account management or related studies useful but not essential.
- A solid background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- An excellent capacity to organise workflows and to work with others across multiple business functions.
- Strong commercial acumen and strong leadership to enable robust proposals to be developed that deliver customer, partner and business value whilst working under pressure in a highly competitive market
- Excellent interpersonal, social, communication and presentation skills are required to build client and broker relationships, with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- An extensive knowledge of risk and pricing strategy to ensure that each customer is managed profitably and in line with risk appetite.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Energy, commitment and a positive attitude to achieving results
- Exposure to project work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives
- An ability to speak a second language is desirable but not essential
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.