Senior Actuarial Analyst
The senior actuarial analyst supports the Actuary by maintaining data integrity, preparing analysis and reports for a variety of areas of responsibilities and creating efficiencies in the processes of the area. The senior actuarial analyst should provide insights into the analysis performed and provide recommendations to the actuary based on these insights.
- Analyze data in various ways to identify trends and deficiencies, report findings and recommend changes.
- Assist IT in finding and fixing issues with data. Suggest and help implement ways to enhance the availability of data, its reliability and the ability to access it.
- Gain insights into the reserving process and assist the Actuary in analysing results and setting reserve levels
- Assist with preparing analysis for corporate quotes. Research and present key risks regarding quotes to the Actuary along with premium recommendations.
- Ensure policy and claim data for use in actuarial area is accurate and accessible in an efficient manner.
- Develop and implement internal checks and balances to ensure the integrity of the data results and its relevance to the business, and coordinate changes with the Finance Database Reporting team.
- Maintain necessary analysis, reports and documentation for the reinsurance processes.
- Assist with preparation, documentation and research for the rate review process.
- Assist with the implementation of all rates and the documentation of rate changes.
- Prepare regulatory reports and filings as required.
- Assist with audit reporting and research.
- Perform other functions and projects as assigned by the Actuary.
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, Accounting, Finance, or Related Field
- Must have passed at least one actuarial exam of the Society of Actuaries
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access, Word and SQL at an advanced level
- Significant data management skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks, coordinate and meet various deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and ability to drive and embrace change
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development