SME Account Manager - Bupa Global
The SME Account Manager will proactively manage a portfolio of existing health insurance plans for both direct and intermediary European businesses. You will retain and grow our business in line with agreed targets and deliver these targets with the highest level of customer care. Through regular and positive contact you will uncover business opportunities through referrals from your own portfolio and through attending conferences and events. This is a targeted environment and you will be incentivised based on the growth and retention of your portfolio. The role is telephone based in the Dublin office.
- Set up Sales Processes and Pipeline for Customers of Bupa Global (Dublin office)
- To manage all aspects of the accounts assigned to you, including retention, renewal, expansion, pricing discussion and debt management
- Ensure that Customer Service is delivered
- To deliver the highest level of customer care to include taking ownership of day-to-day client account issues, ensuring best practice process are always adhered to, liaising with the appropriate areas of the business to resolve and, if appropriate, communicate back to third parties
- Maintain the highest quality and service standards at all times in line with criteria set by Sales Management team, CBI, and internal Compliance
- Ability to competently deal with complaints and escalate when necessary
- Product knowledge Bupa Global
- Ensure your product and service knowledge is always current and up to date in order to correctly educate your Group Secretaries or intermediaries and consultatively sell our product
- Set up and manage strong SME relationships for IPMI sales
- Work with the nominated Group Secretaries or intermediaries within your portfolio ensuring that ‘win-win solutions’ are reached and agreed for both the customer and for Bupa Global
- Uncover information through strong relationships building that will help further the position of Bupa Global in the market place
- Develop a strong business relationship with your nominated accounts and keep the customer informed at all times
- Renew and secure group schemes on a timely basis
- Understand market place and competitors
- Keep updated on the competitor activity and products, sharing all new information with colleagues
- Internal Bupa Global/ International Markets relationships
- Build professional and lasting relationships with team colleagues and other departments within Bupa Group, maintaining open communication channels to promote the International Telesales Team in a positive light and assess opportunities to obtain sales leads
- Deliver Sales Activity
- Manage administrative tasks alongside with phone calls by effective time management
- Planning and prioritising of workloads to ensure e-mail and telephone service level agreements are achieved
- Constantly analyse, improve and develop sales techniques through sales training, seminars, self-analysis and coaching. To actively participate in sessions to maximise knowledge and ability putting new skills into practice on return to your role
- Culture and Conduct
- As part of the Bupa Global business ensure that you live the Bupa values and a role model for conduct standards for colleagues
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement that constantly seeks to improve customer outcomes, eliminate waste and increase efficiency and productivity
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven Sales/Account Management experience
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiating ability
- Self-motivated, articulate and numerate with good computer skills across all Microsoft applications
- Ideally to have some experience of the Healthcare Market
- To have a good geographical knowledge, demonstrate global mind set and awareness of differing cultural drivers and an appreciation of differing time zones
- Account management and sales experience essential
- Excellent negotiating and presentation skills
- Experience of managing a portfolio and face-to-face contact with customers is essential
- A high standard of technical and product understanding of Bupa Global products is desirable
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.