The Customer Engagement team are responsible for maximising the retention of existing members who are approaching their renewal dates through phone and email communications. The team also takes responsibility for welcoming new members to Bupa Global.
As Retention Executive, you will receive and make calls regarding Bupa Global memberships, and be responsible for effectively identifying our customer needs in order to advise and retain members. You will also be responsible for ensuring individual and team performance targets are met.
You will need to maintain the quality of member records through accurately recording information during and post- call to ensure we are able to analyse the effectiveness of these actions and improve our processes going forward.
- Work from outbound call lists, inbound call transfers and email communications to address member issues and queries with the goal of retaining or renewing the individual’s membership.
- Work towards pre-set targets and quality measures to ensure an excellent customer experience for all member interactions.
- Use existing sales and negotiation skills to correctly assess the members’ needs, making changes to policies where appropriate
- Take full ownership for all member contact and recommend any appropriate options, from providing quotations through to taking all appropriate actions
- Ensure that every opportunity to fully deliver to the member is identified and taken.
- Accurately maintain and update all paper and computerised systems, ensuring quality of information throughout
- Accurately record all activity and results
- To comply with and take into account any requirements from the UK regulators and/or any applicable local regulatory requirements
- Be accountable for own time management in relation to performance targets
- Be accountable for own performance against targets
- Ensure Bupa Global is competitive in the marketplace by securing and maintaining a good working knowledge of all competitor products
- Identify personal development areas and fully participate in all training provided by the company
- Fully participate in the ongoing development of the teams workflow and process
- To be a champion of change and display a positive attitude at all times towards colleagues and tasks performed
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening and questioning skills to ensure all member information is identified
- Ability to advise and influence- listens and considers information leading to the application of sound business advice
- Decision making ability
- Self-motivated and target driven, with excellent planning and organisational skills
- To have a good geographical knowledge and appreciation of differing time zones
- Proven sales record and strong customer service skills
- Ideally to have some experience of the Healthcare market
- Constructively reviews and analyses own performance in order to develop potential
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.