Regional Property and Procurement Manager
The Regional Property and Procurement Manager role will be responsible for all properties & purchasing functions across the Bupa Global Latin America (BGLA) business unit (BU) The role of Regional Property and Procurement Manager is responsible for:
- Ensures Bupa’s real estate portfolio reflect the brand, corporate values and commercial requirements across all aspects and activities, be it leasing, property management, and construction
- Directly responsible for the coordination, arrangement, execution, and budget management of all activities pertaining to internal office moves
- Leads the local and regional management and compliance of the Property Enterprise policy including the attendance at Business Unit and Market Unit Health and Safety committees
- Ensures the Procurement Policy is followed and executed appropriately both locally and regionally and is in line with the Bupa Enterprise Suppliers policy
- Supports the Health and Safety Enterprise policy owner in implementing policy as it relates to Facilities
- Owns the relationship with the insurance agent/broker and manages and maintains all property and business insurance policy applications and renewals
Property and Facilities Management
- Act as a focal point on all regional property related activity including liaise with the relevant Market Unit property teams to ensure there is a coordinated approach to the management of our real estate
- Identify full property related (including hard and soft facilities management) costs.
- Develop, evaluate, and review plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities. Assesses feasibility of proposals and acts as liaison between contractors/vendors and the business
- Engage with local and regional offices and the Financial Planning and Analysis team on the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Three Year Plan (3YP) expectations for real estate growth, change and development, together with setting appropriate objectives. In this context, he/she will be required to facilitate discussions with BU leaders to further understand the way that real estate can enhance business operations, overall reach and leverage
- Manage and support local and regional projects with property related objectives
- Ensure that the local accounting teams have up-to-date lease information to ensure they are accounted for in accordance with local and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS16).
- Maintain a full inventory of all BGLA’s property and equipment leases and ensure that upcoming renewals are proactively managed
- Ensure building codes and ordinance compliance are met, oversees and coordinates all aspects of fire and hazard safety in the facility, and is the primary contact for building related emergencies which requires “on call” availability 24 hours a day
- Ensure the adherence to the Bupa Enterprise Property policy across all locations within BGLA
- Work in conjunction with stakeholders locally and regionally to fulfill the Internal Control and Risk Management Assessment (ICRMA) requirements related to the Bupa Enterprise Property policy.
- Responsible for physical security of local and regional properties
- Own the local Procurement Policy and accompanied processes for compliance locally and regionally
- Enforce the Company Purchasing Policy by working closely with departments to ensure appropriate procedures are followed.
- Ensure Bupa Group Supplier policy is being implemented at a local and regional level
- Work in conjunction with Bupa Group (and other stakeholders locally and regionally) in order to fulfil ICRMA requirements related to the Bupa Enterprise Suppliers Policy.
- Own the relationship with current Insurance Agency/Broker and coordinates the maintenance and renewal of the following insurance policies: Workers Compensation, Fidelity Bond, Errors & Omission Insurance, Commercial Liability Insurance, Commercial Automobile Insurance, and Surety Bonds.
- Obtain Certificates of Insurance as requested from building property manager for events onsite (and offsite for special events as necessary)
Health and Safety
- Participate, as needed, in special department projects pertaining to building maintenance and Health and Safety requirements on behalf of the company
- Provide support to human resources with the local and regional compliance and execution of the Health and Safety guidelines as pertaining to all local and regional properties as determined by Bupa Group
- Work in conjunction with Bupa Group (and other stakeholders locally and regionally) in order to fulfil ICRMA requirements related to the Health and Safety policy.
- Manage, provide and coordinate employee training and support as needed for emergency procedures on a local and regional level.
- Own and manages local Mobile Phone policy and other facilities related policies as determined
- Provide support with local and regional Business Continuity Plan execution, to include testing of all emergency related equipment on and offsite
- Oversight of all front office activities, including the reception area and facilities team, in the Miami Corporate Office
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years Property Management experience
- Procurement Management experience a plus.
- Experience with full understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of procurement and facilities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Required Travel: Approximately 10%
- Bilingual English and Spanish with excellent communication skills. Portuguese a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and ability to drive and embrace change
- Ability to work with a heightened sense of urgency and meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and vendor management skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to think strategically
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and handle delicate situations with sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
About the Company
Bupa Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.