Regional Head of Internal Audit
The Regional Head of Internal Audit is considered a Senior member of the global Internal Audit team that will provide independent and objective assurance to Bupa senior management and the Board Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Bupa’s risk management and control environment.
- Assist Bupa in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes.
- Undertake special project work, as agreed by the Chief Internal Auditor and International Markets Internal Audit Director.
- Provide an internal consultancy service that may be used by Bupa management, particularly in the areas of specialist knowledge.
- Representing Internal Audit within Bupa Global Latin America (BGLA) Business Unit and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of Internal Audit.
- Preparing papers and representing Internal Audit at the various Audit Committees (Miami, Mexico & Brazil) as required.
- Leading a small team of audit professionals based in Miami, Mexico & Brazil to provide technically credible audit coverage in line with Global Internal Audit Methodology.
- Coordinating assurance activities across the region through the use of Global resources or outsourced providers.
As a senior member of the Internal Audit team you will have accountability for producing and overseeing work that challenges senior management to make continual improvements to the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls. Working collaboratively with peers and as a team, building the internal audit function into a world class function.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an ambitious individual who will be proactive in keeping abreast of new developments affecting internal audit work, be responsive to changing business needs, and strives for continuous improvement.
The individual should have a desire to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including management and Risk & Compliance teams in order to maximize effectiveness, identify synergies and resolve implementation issues.
The job holder should be:
- Minimum 10 years’ internal audit experience of which at least 5 years in managerial level (background in Big 4 desirable).
- Significant demonstrable internal audit experience working in complex global organisations.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting or Internal Auditing.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse internal audit experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and demonstrable experience in managing Audit Committee, Risk Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and in a matrix environment.
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable experience of 1) the Insurance industry (preferably Private Medical Insurance) and/or Financial Services would be an advantage
- Strong interest in and good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses
- Fluent Spanish and English (written and spoken) is essential for this position
About the Company
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.