Quality Assurance Consultant
Ensure that our products and services are assessed and processed accurately and consistently contributing to an exceptional customer experience for our customers in line with business process and policy improvements within Bupa Insurance Limited
Deliver constructive feedback to our internal Customers to ensure standards in compliant member interactions are improved and maintained, and that fair outcomes and excellent standards of service are delivered to our customers
- Review both real-time and retrospective member interactions to ensure they are handled in a regulatory compliant manner, using knowledge and experience to determine whether the member has received the correct outcome and whether the customer experience fits with Bupa brand.
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the current procedures and processes to ensure that all interactions are assessed accordingly.
- Using the agreed Quality Assurance procedures, participate in reviews of colleagues to ensure consistency of Quality Assurance and decision making.
- Work closely with the Customer Services management teams to review and feedback on Customer Services processes and documents.
- Identify interactions containing non-conformances and breaches and provide appropriate feedback to the Customer Services Management team to be discussed with individuals and addressed through corrective action plans.
- Identify and report any recommendations for improvements to the Customer Services processes.
- Support the delivery of ongoing and improved customer service; escalating issues and identifying common trends in line with existing frameworks, focusing on preventing issues from happening in the future.
- Provide feedback on non-conforming interactions to individuals to allow redress activity to take place so that the correct customer outcome can be assured.
- To conduct a follow up review on redress activity ensuring no customer detriment.
- Ensure that in every interaction reviewed the decision is correct based on the information available and that the individual has followed due process.
- Proactively prioritise and manage own allocated workload; taking full ownership of each review until an outcome is reached
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of compliance requirements and take personal responsibility for adherence to regulatory and compliance control mechanisms that are in place.
The Ideal Candidate
The role holder is expected to have the following experience and qualification/s
- Proven track record of delivering customer focussed outcomes in a regulatory environment.
- Previous experience of working in Sales or Customer Services to a high standard and or in a Quality Function.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to analyse each interaction and make decisions with confidence, occasionally defusing difficult and emotional situations.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative together with the ability to make sound commercial decisions, weighing up the possible detriment to the customer, financial implications to Bupa and the impact on overall customer experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and communicate with management and staff.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Sound understanding of customer insight.
- Knowledge of the current procedures and processes should extend to a level where a Quality Assurance Analyst can provide constructive and progressive input to the future development of these procedures.
- Knowledge of TCF principles, ICOBS, FCA complaint handling requirements, T&C principles and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Demonstrate flexibility within the working environment.
- Progress to relevant Regulatory Qualifications within an agreed timeframe, as appropriate
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.