Quality Assurance & Checking Consultant
The Quality Assurance & Checking Consultant must use their judgement to determine consistency and validity of quality scores and criteria and identify and prioritise issues
Able to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision, identifying and requesting/obtaining appropriate support as and when required from the wider team and team manager.
Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative, possessing the ability and confidence to challenge people and processes.
Work with the operation to identify issues, improve performance and establish best practice.
- Actively identify customer and sales performance issues
- Support team in achieving their sales targets
- Champion customer needs
- Champion Treating Customers Fairly
- You should be able to demonstrate that you pay due regard to customers and treat them fairly by:
o being able to explain the impact that your role and actions have on the fair treatment of customers.
o being able to explain the potential implications for customers who are not treated fairly by you or others.
o making the fair treatment of customers central to all that you do.
o always seeking to be competent to do your job e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills.
o always providing customers with clear information and suitable advice which takes account of their circumstances.
- Ambassador for the Sales Excellence department, with responsibility for managing relationships with all stakeholders
- Liaise with other areas including the training department to ensure sales staff have the skills and support to deliver excellence
- Work with the ‘Heads of’ Sales roles to identify performance issues, and implement a remedial action plan to support and improve performance
- To run cross calibration sessions with the ‘Heads of Sales’
- To comply with and take into account any requirements from the UK regulators and/or any applicable local regulatory requirements
- Facilitate the establishment and continual review of quality criteria within Sales Excellence
- Conduct quality assessments, ensuring all information, data and MI is captured and stored in line with the quality process
- Using the quality database identify trends and areas for improvement
- Provide quality information and reports to the business
- Account management – ensuring that each team within Global Sales has support from the quality team
- Ensuring that each area is aware of areas for improvement and is actively working on these
- Complete reports in the absence of the Quality and Commissions Manager
- Organise workloads amongst team
- Establish comms with Quality teams across the business to ensure consistency of approach
- Support Copenhagen Quality Team
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Thorough understanding of Bupa Global products, policies and processes.
- Thorough understanding of SWAN and other front end systems
- PC literate / keyboard skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Willingness to take ownership and a passion for solving customers problems
- Puts customer first, building strong relationships and being pro-active to their needs
- Excellent team worker
- Planning and organisational skills
- FCA & Regulatory knowledge desirable
- Language capabilities are preferable, Cantonese, Mandarin and/or Arabic
- Coaching and feedback skills
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.