Provider Contracting Manager
Based in Hong Kong, the Provider Contracting Manager is a key part of the Health & Benefits leadership team and is responsible for ensuring high performance work practices, governance, effective performance management principles and KPI’s for Bupa Global’s provider network and clinical management. The role will be responsible for the implementation and management of processes and tools to ensure contractual compliance between Bupa Global and all its healthcare and clinical providers are being adhered to.
The successful job holder will act as the central point of expertise and knowledge for Bupa’s relationship with its providers and be accountable for the operational management and development of the Health & Benefits Team in Hong Kong. You will ensure the team maintain strong relationships with all providers within the Bupa Global network to ensure Bupa Global’s customer and partner propositions are managed to a high standard.
- Drive business-wide governance of Bupa’s provider network to ensure clear standards are delivered and contract compliance is maintained
- Lead the Provider Service team, ensuring all team members demonstrate accountability and prioritization to achieve optimal provider / TPA partner relationships and a positive department perception within the business
- Create, implement and manage robust procedures and tools to monitor the Bupa Global network activity including compliance of agreed process, network pricing, clinical protocols and network clinical quality standards
- Manage relationships with providers on a day to day basis and drive high level of provider satisfaction through superior service and proactive activities
- Lead on any issues that require resolution for the network, ensuring internal and external issues and trends are captured and reported to the wider team.
- Responsibility of partner quarterly audits and performance reviews, alongside the team, to ensure continuous compliance of contractual service agreements, report on findings and make recommendations for continuous improvement of services to the network
- Seek regular feedback from the network on Bupa Global performance (both in service and systems) and make recommendations for improvements
- Familiar with all regulatory requirements that fall within remit and to give due regard to, and comply with as necessary, any requirements placed upon the position or the business by any appropriate regulatory authorities. In particular to give due regard at all times to fair consumer outcomes.
- Liaise with Global clinical to interpret condition and treatment to the rules and regulations of Bupa Global
- Identify opportunities to reduce future claim expense for Bupa Global and to pro-actively provide relevant information to Risk management department
- Proactively negotiate medical costs and/or medical treatment to achieve either reduced cost to the business or most appropriate treatment for member.
The Ideal Candidate
- The job holder should be educated to degree level or a suitable equivalent.
- Experience of working in a procurement or contracting role required, preferably from the healthcare or clinical network industry.
- Background in the global health insurance market or medical supplier market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other industries
- Able to establish a performance management culture. Evidence of building talented high performing teams and getting the best out of highly talented people whilst quickly and effectively managing performance issues
- Strong ability to carry out effective coaching and development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Exposure to project work including demonstrating successful process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Cantonese. Ideally complimented by Mandarin
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, leadership
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to changing work practices
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work autonomously to organise own workload effectively and efficiently
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.