Bupa Core Capabilities
- Leading - Advanced
- Working effectively – Advanced
- Knowing our business – Advanced
- Loved by customers – Intermediate
To support the BGLA Change agenda, this role is responsible for shaping demand for change into projects & programmes and leading the delivery of important change programmes and initiatives, that are business and/or business & IT related.
It will have a special focus on finance optimization: process, people, technology.
These changes are of strategic priority and importance, are of a highly complex nature in their outcomes, levels of interdependency and will be challenging to deliver with varying degrees of significant risk.
Responsible for related programmes and projects, you will manage the delivery of Change initiatives in line with BGLA and IM Strategy, actively involved from an end to end standpoint. These programmes or portfolios of projects are likely highly difficult in nature and will require involvement across a range of functions, organisations, regions and stakeholders.
You will ensure that all programmes and projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints and realise the benefits defined in the business cases.
You will be responsible for the full programme lifecycle from business case through to implementation including process improvement, business readiness, and benefits realisation. You will be the point of contact between the BGLA ET, steering committees, IT development and business project team(s).
- With ExCo and ET Sponsors, accountable for developing clear and unambiguous Outcome-led strategic or critical projects, programmes and portfolios of change
- Accountable for defining the Approach, Scope, Critical Path and Planning, that will contribute to confirmed and agreed timescales
- Accountable for shaping, recruiting, managing and balancing the necessary Resource plan needed to deliver the programme or portfolio
- Accountable for ensuring a robust and accurate Business Case, to be operating model design, and requirements are produced that accurately reflects the Costs and Benefits associated to the Outcomes of the programme and that rigorous Benefit Realisation plans are in place on project/programme completion
- Accountable for identifying and working across BGLA and across the BGLA Change portfolio in effectively managing complex interdependencies, as well as programme specific dependencies
- Accountable for the management and delivery of the programme/portfolio to time, quality and within approved budget. Recognising and mitigating Risks, resolving Issues and pro-actively managing any corrective actions or Change Requests throughout the lifetime of the programme
- Accountable for successful execution of all aspects of business change delivery, including Target Operating Model implementation, Transition State management , BAU process changes, training and communications defining and managing business readiness prior to Go Live including Go/No go checkpoints.
- Liaise with control functions such as Risk, Compliance and Audit to ensure that solutions meet the company’s regulatory and control requirements
- Accountable for providing regular, accurate and appropriate Change Reporting and communication to Sponsor and ExCo groups to ensure the status of progress and that any associated Risks, Issues or Changes are recognised, understood and managed, with the appropriate escalation when necessary
- To provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, guidance and support to members of the programme team to enhance delivery, provide the necessary conditions for success and drive for improved levels of change delivery performance across BGLA
The Ideal Candidate
- Insurance Industry & Finance operations program delivery experience preferred
- Finance & Accounting expertise preferred
- Advanced level Project Management qualifications – PRINCE, APM, PMI preferred
- Programme Management qualifications – MSP etc. Extremely desirable.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish business language a must; Portuguese an advantage.
- Process improvement training and experience
- Proven experience and success in leading the delivery of large, complex, change projects and programmes
- Experience of successfully managing challenging and complex situations and stakeholders
- Experience in negotiating and influencing at ExCo level or equivalent, with ability to effectively communicate, challenge and maintain an independence of thought
- Proven leadership experience in managing, motivating, mentoring and coaching teams to deliver successfully
- Strong commercial, analytical, interpersonal and self-awareness skills
- Excellent working knowledge of project and programme management principles, methodologies and related tools.
- Demonstrable record of forecasting and managing the financial implications of projects, not limited to managing significant budgets and resources / assets against forecasts.
- Ability to establish vision and direction, align others towards a common purpose and to empower and inspire people to achieve project success, in an environment of change and uncertainty. Navigating ambiguity and providing clarity for team members is of critical importance.
- Ability to respond rapidly, decisively, sensitively and appropriately to Programme/ Business issues
- Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the programme and the broader Change Teams
- Influencing skills both in terms of upward stakeholder management and through a complex matrix managed operating structure.
- Sound, commercial Business Case development and approval skills
- Experience in LATAM Markets – Insurance / financial services desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
About the Company
Bupa Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.