Private Client Manager
Based in Hong Kong, the Private Client Manager will drive and deliver sales by ensuring the team deliver exceptional customer experience for our customers and resolving all customer sales requests, queries relating to purchasing. Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, in person or web chat.
Your individual performance will have direct key contribution to the department achieving all targets for sales, quality, productivity, compliance and regulation. Putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and putting forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience and increasing sales conversion rates.
The role will involve managing internal and external stakeholders to identify, maintain and convert high net worth opportunities. Enhance customer experience for select high net worth clients by close personal attention and interaction.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st February 2019.
- Engage and lead the advisor through the implementation of and management against key metrics and deliverables.
- Develop, manage and grow the performance of your team through regular 1:1’s, Bupa talent hub and personal development plans.
- Set specific, challenging and measurable KPIs.
- Drive exceptional performance against KPI’s fairly and consistently across your team.
- Delivering new sales through all channels, including corporate SME.
- Developing and lead partnerships with commercial channels.
- Ownership and accountability for the resolution of all customer sales enquiries and contacts.
- Accurately maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system to ensure high sales conversion. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact
- Complying with all regulatory and governance requirements including FCA and Treating Customers Fairly.
- Achieving all targets for sales, productivity and quality.
- Participate in regular 121s and team meetings with your Manager.
- Support new team members and being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviors and performance.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by developing new business ideas, able to work between different internal teams/divisions, and making a contribution to focus groups.
- Being the brand representative of Bupa Global - maintaining an exceptional level of integrity and service at all times.
- Maintaining contact with, updating, and supporting, the Direct Individual Team to maintain high confidence in role capabilities.
- Act as a pioneer in undertaking a new role being open to new ways of working for the continuous improvement of generating business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant qualification in business / wealth management or related studies useful but not essential.
- Insurance experience is preferred.
- IIQE Paper I and II will be required.
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Previous experience within a people management role in a similar function and proven ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- A track record and experience in direct sales will be an advantage.
- Previous experience of a complex and multi skilled customer facing roles and cold call prospecting in a call centre setting.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding sales and quality targets.
- Relationship management focussed.
- Experience of role requiring advanced relationship building skills with high net worth individuals.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Language skills: Fluent in spoken Cantonese, English and Putonghua will be an added advantage.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.