Based in Beijing, the Pre-Authorisation Advisor is responsible for the delivery of medically based services including preauthorization of treatment, medical concierge services, and active case management, under the direction of the Pre-Authorisation Supervisor.
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
You will be a customer service champion, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and putting forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience
• Receive preauthorization requests from providers, clients and members, evaluate and issue relevant guarantees in accordance with eligible benefits.
• Coordinate case management such as medical evacuation, repatriation and mortal remains under supervision of Operations Manager/Supervisor.
• Deliver Medical Concierge Service to China members with an accurate and timely manner; optimize the service process together with the team supervisor.
• Medical audit of provider bills under supervision of Operations Manager and Medical Director.
• Provide effective communication with medical coordinators.
• Be proactive and follow up cases step by step for day-to-day activities.
• Correctly use diagnose and procedure codes.
• Communicate with individuals at all levels in the claims process including members, clients, and providers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree holder or above
- Candidate possess medical training in nursing or related subjects is preferred
- Candidate with solid working experience from medical field, assistance, or insurance in a similar position or field
- Medical background
- Fluent in Chinese and English to work with local parties when required
- Strong computer literacy skill
- Highly customer focused
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 29M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ almost 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, to improve the health of the world. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa Global is the worldwide Bupa business. We provide products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium healthcare at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. Bupa Global provides international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,500 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Bupa Global Greater China, Bupa Global Latin America, Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Rest of World.