Portfolio Analyst (12 months contract)
The Portfolio Analyst will work within the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to ensure that Bupa Global has a well governed and balanced portfolio of change that aligns to strategic and in year (AOP) objectives.
The Portfolio Analyst will provide analysis, expertise, reporting and support to the Head of PMO and the Business Change & IT Governance Director.
- Responsible for activities in line with the day to day management of the BG portfolio.
- Acts as point of contact for BG portfolio queries.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and adoption of the Bupa Global PPM tool.
- Responsible for defining, reviewing and developing BG central governance and quality standards and engaging with key stakeholders throughout.
- Responsible for ensuring all programmes/projects adhere to BG central governance and quality standards.
- Acts as a Quality Gate for all portfolio information published by the BG PMO to Portfolio Governance or other Executive bodies.
- Responsible for carrying out portfolio assurance activities as requested by Head of PMO and Business Change & IT Governance Director.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned portfolio records to be the “single version of the truth” within the Bupa Global PPM tool.
- Responsible for delivering monthly portfolio reporting and all reporting to BG ExCo.
- Responsible for the coordination and development of monthly governance meeting information packs.
- Responsible for the review of all governance papers submitted to the PMO.
- Responsible for working closely with all PMO colleagues to ensure consistent approach to portfolio/programme/project management best practice.
- Supports the Head of PMO and Business Change & IT Governance Director in the annual Portfolio Planning & Development activities, linked to AOP.
- Supports the Head of PMO and Business Change & IT Governance Director to continue to mature regional portfolio delivery in line with P3M3 framework.
- Supports the Change Management department as a whole in achieving its objectives by providing support and assistance to other areas of the team on request.
- Complies with and takes into account any requirements from the UK regulators and/or any applicable local regulatory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
Experience of working in a highly complex matrix management environment, requiring excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and at times fortitude and resilience. Can demonstrate ability to balance competing objectives across the business areas. Experience of building strong networks both internally and externally and internationally.
Must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and be able to cope with and implement frequent change - of team structure, or project priorities, of new processes in conjunction with Bupa Global and Group