People Coordinator - 12 month contract (part time 20h/pw)
The purpose of the role is to provide efficient and effective PA and administrative support. The role is to provide support where required to the People Business Partner in the delivery of the HR agenda.
- General human resources assistance and support – including contact for general HR queries i.e. maternity leave, sickness, benefits; etc. when appropriate
- HR Support – Dealing with the personnel files, letters concerning changes in terms of employment, passports, visas and work permits.
- Working with people operations to assist in the facilitation of smooth on-boarding, transfers and exits of staff members
- Assisting in overall HR Policy development and implementation including researching for relevant information on Danish regulations.
- Employee Manual and ensuring that CPH follows policies and Danish legislation
- Accurate staff reporting via HRIS tool
- Go between with Azets and ensure correct payroll outcomes
- Annual People Plan
- Overview HR folders
- Health and Safety – assisting People Business Partner when relevant.
The Ideal Candidate
Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management desirable.
Highly customer focussed
Background in HR and/or legal matters
Experienced in working independently – self-motivation
Experienced in taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring completion without supervision
Experience in communication
Knowledge of HR practice in the insurance/finance business
- HR generalist with experience in HR and/or people management
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processes
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Consultancy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised, action orientated and quick thinking
- Commercially, culturally and organisationally aware
- Adaptive and flexible nature
- Excellent knowledge of English and Danish
- Excellent knowledge of Danish legislation in connection with employee management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other associated HR software.
- Good understanding of the role of human resources in a commercial environment.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.