MST Data Analyst
The Operational Data Analyst designs, creates and maintains reports and processes used by the Medical Service team in their daily activities. This entails the documentation and programming of scripts, the design of the data elements stored and maintained. Examples to the data that needs to be used for the analysis of performance and trends are coming from: CRM, Policy management system data base, CISCO and alike.
The role may be asked to design, build and maintains automatic processes needed by the MST for the daily operations.
The operational data analyst creates data results through techniques and tools that range from basic queries through multidimensional analyses and data mining. Extensive insight into the business and the data are essential.
This individual is responsible for collecting and evaluating real time and historical data used to enhance the performance of the team delivering exceptional service to Bupa members accessing care through the services offered by the Medical Service Team. The requests for these reports are received from the department’s leadership.
The individual will support management with reports that monitor defined SLA’s with external parties, so as internal SLA’s allowing for the evaluation of performance.
The area of responsibility may change and expand as needed by the business. The Analyst owns and manages the reporting library for the Medical Service Team in collaboration with IT and other operational reporting functions.
The role is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of reports, business processes and alike, created by the role to support both: the daily operations of the team, so as performance management. The analyst is also responsible for the development, production and analysis of reports. He or she will utilize various data sources to compile and interpret critical information. He or she must be able to assess data and perform credible analyses using sound judgment and reasoning to draw conclusions leading to improved processes and performance.
- Analyze trends using statistical models and quantitative evaluation methodologies
- Develop sophisticated analytical models to support business decisions
- Ability (and intellectual curiosity) to learn new business areas and processes quickly
- Comfortable discussing and approaching high-level concepts without needing details
- Identify appropriate data sources (both qualitative and quantitative) for analysis when presented with business issues
- Source and analyze data to provide insight into issues, constraints and control weaknesses
- Business Process Analysis & Solution Design
- Maintains detailed and comprehensive documentation of the queries and reports.
- Proactively plans, initiates and develops easy-to-use query tools and reports
- Coordinate with the IT Department the specific data needs for the team
- Performs other related functions as assigned by the Head of Medical Service Team
- Has expert skills required for the role including SQL Server, SharePoint and other technologies and could demonstrate these skills through industry certification.
- Has the skills required to work in an office environment including written & verbal communications, time management, meeting skills etc.
- Is bilingual in English and Spanish
The Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS degree must or Master’s Degree highly desirable (coursework in analytic areas of study, including but not limited to business, math, statistics, economics, or finance), and 3+ years of experience in an analytics, strategy consulting, database management, or other quantitative role
- Knowledge of database and reporting applications, including Excel, Access and Sharepoint.
- Prefer experience in insurance or health care
- Experience developing queries across various database systems
- 3+ years of experience with SQL programming.
- 2+ years of experience leveraging reporting and analytical tools such as SAS, Tableau, SSRS, and/or SSAS.
- A general understanding of data warehousing processes
- Detail Oriented with a strong analytical aptitude and ability to mold data into information
- Ability to organize and present data to staff members
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization, time management and multitasking
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work alone or with others
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong Programming skills preferably using MS SQL Server 2005 & above.
- Show initiative when working as an individual or as a team.
- Analytical, numerical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness as well as a positive attitude are essential pre-requisites of the job.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.