Internal Communications Partner (12 months fixed term)
- Engaging and aligning colleagues around Bupa’s purpose, Bupa’s strategic framework and Bupa’s values
- Engaging and aligning colleagues around Bupa Global’s organisational strategy and contributing to “Love Working at Bupa” in service of our customers, through the development and delivery of a world-class internal communications that fits globally and ‘locally’ through meaningful, multi-channel dialogue
- While the role is focused on Internal Communications there will an expectation to work across Corporate Affairs disciplines and BG stakeholders on driving engagement levels with all of our people.
- Working as part of the BG Corporate Affairs team to contribute to the design, development and implementation of a world-class internal communications strategy that explains the Bupa Global story to every colleague
- Lead relationships and advice to stakeholder groups to ensure alignment to BG strategy, consistency and robustness of all messaging
- Develop and maintain an internal communications plan for stakeholder groups that clearly delivers Bupa Global’s strategic priorities
- Manage and facilitate internal communications cascade for stakeholder groups to ensure the relevant Bupa Global colleagues are informed of key initiatives, projects and relevant business developments, with a clear indication of what is required to be done/ has changed
- Work as a team to ensure the successful rhythm of internal communications across Bupa Global across online, print and face-to-face channels, to deliver a joined up narrative to BG teams across locations
- Build on and manage existing internal communication channels (email, BupaLive, plasma screens, BG News) and explore new and innovative communications methods that respond to feedback and drive engagement across locations
- Work with local teams to deliver innovative, fresh engagement activities to BG teams, which drive ‘love working here’ locally and in service of our customers
- Have ‘ear to the ground’ knowledge and understanding of colleague mood, voice
- Develop communication consistency through brand tone of voice guidelines and bring the values to life in all that we do
- Develop and implement an international mindset, ensuring that solutions are market and culturally appropriate
- Stakeholder groups for IC Partner role:
- Customer Service
- Coordinated engagement across BG Europe
- Brighton site-specific activity
- Change programmes (as assigned)
- Leading - Intermediate
- Working effectively – Intermediate
- Knowing our business – Expert
- Loved by customers – Intermediate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working within internal communications
- Proven track record of working across functions and across business’
- Proven track record in working directly with senior stakeholders, providing advice and counsel, with the confidence to influence and negotiate where deliverables and outcomes may be conflicting
- Experience in working in complex, matrix organisations
- Experience of using range of multi-media communications tools and packages
- Drive, confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and positive approach to change
- Creative thinking and innovative in approach to communication
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Proven ability to understand complex communication issues and recognise business wide implications, taking account of audience size, composition, content and available resources
- Ability to assimilate relevant data/information and cascade to a wide audience to ensure clarity and understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High standard of written and spoken English with proven copy writing experience
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to manage an unpredictable workload due to the changing requirements of the role and organisation. Working routinely to tight, often conflicting deadlines, this role requires the ability to switch calmly and knowledgeably between subjects.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Hong Kong
Bupa Hong Kong is the largest health insurance specialist serving both individuals and corporate customers. For the past 40 years we have supported customers’ health and wellbeing through our comprehensive health cover, customer-centric services and expertise in guiding customers in healthcare. We have also been recommended by the Hong Kong Government for 20 consecutive years for providing quality health insurance to civil servants.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.