Intermediary & Partnerships Sales Consultant - Bupa Global
Joining our new team in the Dublin office, the Intermediary and partnerships sales consultant sales will drive sales of Bupa Global’s International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) plans from broker relationships.The role will focus on solving complex queries and ensure first rate communication to the brokers throughout the sales and issue resolution process. The role will adhere to regulatory requirements and ensure processes and standards are adhered to
- Build profitable realtionships with the Brokers assigned – and deliver the highest standard of customer service with the emphasis on proactively managing opportunities for winning new business and growth of your portfolio
- Proactively manage all aspects of the portfolio assigned to you, including retention, renewal, expansion, pricing discussion and all sales needs, negotiating these through outbound and inbound contact
- Uncover information through strong relationships building that will help further the position of Bupa Global in the market place
- Develop a strong business relationship with your portfolio and keep the customer informed at all times
- Ensure that Customer Service is delivered
- To deliver the highest level of customer care to include taking ownership of day-to-day client account issues, ensuring best practice process are always adhered to, liaising with the appropriate areas of the business to resolve and, if appropriate, communicate back to third parties
- Maintain the highest quality and service standards at all times in line with criteria set by Sales Management team, CBI, and internal Compliance
- Ability to competently deal with complaints and escalate when necessary
- Bupa Global Product Knowledge
- Ensure your product and service knowledge is always current and up to date in order to correctly educate your Group Secretaries or intermediaries and consultatively sell our product
- Understand market place and competitors
- Keep updated on the competitor activity and products, sharing all new information with colleagues
- Internal Bupa Global/ International Markets relationships
- Build professional and lasting relationships with team colleagues and other
- departments within Bupa Group, maintaining open communication channels to promote the International Telesales Team in a positive light and assess opportunities to obtain sales leads
- Work closely with your colleagues to support and help resolve complex queries in order to find a resolution for the customer.
- Deliver Sales Activity
- You will be a key player in Bupa Global sales team to drive new business sales targets for individual and SME’s through our intermediary and partnerships channel.
- Handle sales calls and emails from intermediaries, converting these opportunities into new registrations therefore ensuring that we reach agreed regional and team sales targets.
- Make proactive outbound calls to intermediaries generating sales opportunities to further increase the potential of conversion and sales.
- Through proactive engagement with your intermediaries ensure that all quotes/leads, within the region, are secured
- Manage administrative tasks alongside with phone calls by effective time management
- Constantly analyse, improve and develop sales techniques through sales training, seminars, self-analysis and coaching. To actively participate in sessions to maximise knowledge and ability putting new skills into practice on return to your role
- Work closely with the Bupa Global Team and Branch teams to ensure that regional sales targets are met and exceeded, and that regional trends are cascaded throughout the team.
- Retain group schemes within your portfolio on a timely basis making informed and appropriate decisions which allow us to retain profitable business.
- Continuous Improvement of processes and performance
- Foster a continuous improvement mind set and work with your colleagues to identify improvements and transform great ideas into tangible implementation steps to drive the business forward.
- Culture and Conduct
- As part of the Bupa Global business ensure that you live the Bupa values and a role model for conduct standards for colleagues
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement that constantly seeks to improve customer outcomes, eliminate waste and increase efficiency and productivity
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record in telesales is essential with a minimum of 6 months experience, from the financial services sector or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other sectors.
- Self- starting, motivated and articulate
- Experience of selling high value consumer products and service to high net worth consumer segment
- Previous experience of a complex and multi skilled customer facing roles within a contact centre setting
- A track record of achieving and exceeding sales and quality targets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Negotiating skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A high standard of technical and product understanding of Bupa Global products is desirable
- Additional European languages are beneficial
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.