Head of Sales Operations
To lead and manage multi-disciplinary sales operation support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include commercial planning, strategic & operational reporting, annual operating plan setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales incentive design & management, annual agent convention, sales compensation design and selection of sales force talent.
Responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Latin America sales organization reporting to the Sales and Middle Markets Director, the role also represents business unit’s sales organisation with Key Stakeholders & IT partners across the Bupa Global market unit & Bupa group to define, develop & implement customer growth strategies.
- Establish sales objectives by developing annual sales quotas and forecasts; project expected sales volume, pipelines and anticipated sales profit; determine sales territories/regions; set sales compensation plans/incentives.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning & budgeting processes used within the sales organization across Latin America including onshore entities. Proactively monitors and works to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. Coordinates planning & reporting activities with other functions and stakeholders across the Bupa Group & Market Unit.
- Works cross functionally across the Bupa Global Market Unit to deliver the annual agent convention
- Operational Expense budget manager for the ~$11m sales department budget. Represents sales in all monthly opex review meetings reviewing all budgets to actual reports identifying areas of concern. Responsible for all operational budget setting, budget performance & develops policies for budget monitoring & control.
- Responsible for working cross functionally with Finance & HR in the implementation of variable compensation plans for sales.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned & met in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM to sales teams.
- Develops initiates, maintains and revises policies & procedures for the general operation of the sales organisation compliance program and its related activities. Conducts regular compliance audits & collaborates with internal audit to close open audit points that optimize the effectiveness of the sales organisation.
- Establish and build a world class sales training academy with an accreditation model. Ensures the delivery of a first class agent induction & training program.
- Design, develop and deliver sales incentive compensation programmes (Budget = $1M+).
- Working with accounting, finance and Human Resources leads the design and administration of sales incentive compensation. This includes the arbitration or clarification of sales compensation policies and procedures.
- Develop sales operations group vision, strategy, service levels and overall team objectives. Direct and manage sales operations group employees; hire, motivate, develop and mentor sales operations team members; create a positive working environment; keep close tabs on employee morale.
The Ideal Candidate
This position requires a burning desire to win and the know-how to build, lead and successfully execute on an international multi-channel sales strategy. Deep organizational skills, resourcefulness, team spirit, and determination are key attributes. In addition, the job holder must have the ability to act independently, operate proactively and be passionate about Bupa's vision and commercial mission. Additional requirements include:
- Educated to Bachelor equivalent or master’s degree level, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Sales & Marketing operations management at a senior level required preferably in the Health Insurance industry.
- Minimum 5 years experience in directly managing and leading teams including hiring, performance appraisals, development plans, positive and difficult messaging.
- Minimum 3 years of direct hands-on Sales experience.
- Minimum 3 years Finance experience with the ability to construct budgets and annual operating plans.
- Proven track record of managing sales operations teams.
- Highly data driven. Comfortable in an environment where objective and subjective measure of success both carry weight. Ability to strategically interpret data and successfully develop recommendations.
- Strong technical skills including in-depth understanding of email and database marketing infrastructures & technologies.
- Broad CRM experience - managing customer lifecycle / customer journey marketing activities Budgeting, Analytical and reporting skills.
- Proven track record of profitably developing and executing data-driven marketing strategies.
- Experience executing retention campaigns that are part of multi-pronged marketing strategy that crosses teams and organizations.
- Experience in strategic decision making & influencing decisions at all levels of an organisation.
- Project management experience & proven track record of delivering large scale sales & marketing projects.