Head of Intermediary Sales
The Head of Intermediary Sales will report to the General Manager.
Core purpose is to drive sales in Hong Kong for Corporate, SME and Individual segment via the Intermediary & Partners channels
A key emphasis of the role will be to ensure high performance work practices and effective performance management principles.
- Reset the existing broker relationship and engagement model Hong Kong developing and executing a sales and channel strategy for the channel which will deliver the new business Annual Operations Plan
- With marketing, create a sales and marketing plan engaging brokers to deliver the new business Annual Operations Plan through the broker channel.
- Deliver a real and tangible sales culture within the team, creating a world class motivated team focused on sales excellence.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders including the Global Account Management team (retention team) to ensure smooth on boarding and excellence customer service
- Build and maintain the sales team through the recruitment, development and retention of high performing, motivated and engaged Business Development Consultants
- Ensure that all business is compliant with Bupa Global’s risk appetite and ensure your area fully meets the obligations of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and we put the customer at the heart of how we conduct business
- Continually strive to improve the customer experience through improved processes, people development and technology
- Develop, manage and grow the performance of your team through regular 1:1’s, Bupa talent hub and personal development plans.
- Implement performance improvement plans where additional support is needed.
- Communicate Bupa Global’s core purpose and vision to your team
- Accountable for the resolution of issues that are identified by your team – you will be responsible for troubleshooting, removing any barriers implementing future-focused solutions.
- Capture and ensure broker and customer feedback is communicated to the relevant team so Bupa Global continues to improve its proposition
- Be aware of the competitor landscape and provide feedback to the General Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries
- Experience of legal and regulatory frameworks as well as the management of third parties.
- Good understanding of the business development process and the inter-dependencies of pricing, risk management, marketing, distribution, product development, systems, legal and operational aspects of running a medical insurance business.
- Experience in negotiating and managing high value contracts with external and internal partners
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, as is the ability to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships.
- An ability to speak a second language.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32 million customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance. We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.