Head of Finance Operations
This role holds responsibility for the Credit Control, Global Payments, Commission Control and Bank Reconciliation activities within the Bupa Global
- Maintenance and control of the cash flow and associated debt and credit positions of the Bupa Global Premium portfolio
- Maintenance and control of relevant balance sheet and bank reconciliation requirements
- The timely and accurate delivery of all payments made by Bupa Global, worldwide.
- The accurate processing and record keeping of all transactions received by Bupa Global, worldwide.
- The accurate and timely processing of all commission calculations for the global Intermediary portfolio for Bupa Global.
- The banking strategy for Bupa Global, including the operational delivery of all transactions and adherence to local regulatory requirements by country, worldwide
- The Global credit card collection strategy for Bupa Global, including the operational delivery of the process
- The cash flow strategy, including first line control and final control point of the suspension process, for Bupa Global, ensuring delivery to the wider financial targets.
- The first line financial control owner for all inbound and outbound financial collections and payments made to or by Bupa Global worldwide
- Provide business stakeholders with MI reporting for relevant operational data, highlighting key trends and performance
- Reviewing existing processes and control policies regular to ensure relevance and compliance
- Ensure compliance to internal business policies and external regulatory requirements
- Maintaining and updating as relevant, the Bupa Global Delegation of Authority policy
- Maintain the Finance Operations control environment, including but not limited to those systems and processes as documented within the Bupa Global Delegation of Authority policy.
- Manage individual team member performance through the setting of challenging objectives and driving achievement of these objectives throughout the years
- Support team members in their development and ensure that they are being talent managed to maximise their opportunities within the team and Bupa
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong finance background, preferably with experience of implementing and managing operational finance systems and processes.
- Experience of working in a Large Corporate business
- Excellent written skills
- Highly numerate, with the ability to process financial data quickly and with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of exceeding business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, driven, high energy, with a team focus
- Demonstrable problem solvency skills
- Experience working in insurance or financial services will be viewed favourably, however is not essential for candidates able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and transferability.
Additional skills required
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability.
- Adaptability and flexibility especially in a rapidly changing environment.
Ability to work effectively across finance teams
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.