Head of Compliance
The Head of Compliance is responsible for driving the Company’s Compliance Program and a compliance culture throughout the organization. As 2nd line of defense, the Head of Compliance provides independent oversight and challenge of the Company’s compliance, governance and risk management practices and internal control environment. The Head of Compliance also provides guidance and support to the 1st line of defense on how to embed the compliance framework.
- Responsible for acting as the appointed Compliance Officer for Bupa Mexico, as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and manage a strong, open and proactive relationship with all applicable regulatory bodies in Mexico, including in particular La Comisión Nacional de Seguros (CNSF).
- Provide oversight and support the business in managing and complying with all applicable regulation in the country, including insurance regulations, AML and financial crime.
- Liaise with CNSF in respect of all requirements and intereactions and to authorize and submit to CNSF any Self-Correction Plans to amend identified irregularities or breaches.
- Present the annual report of compliance with the obligations under its charge to the CNSF, in the manner and terms established by CNSF itself.
- Coordinate the approach to regulatory and conduct of business risks.
- Coordinate and manage any on site audit performed by any regulators.
- Setting and oversight of local policy (within the overall Bupa Group policy framework).
- Periodically evaluate compliance with internal and external regulations. To detect any risk of default and timely resolve the detected deviations.
- Establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure regulatory ‘horizon’ risks are identified and their implication assessed.
- Working with Bupa’s regional and central Risk & Compliance leadership to support and drive local implementation of the Bupa Group compliance framework.
- Membership of the Bupa Mexico Executive Team to provide leadership and direction to ensure all business activity, current and future is fully compliant and to continually drive improvement and enhancements in risk management practices and behaviours.
- Responsible for leading all local compliance monitoring/business assurance work, to review the effectiveness of compliance/regulatory risk management within Bupa Mexico and the effectiveness of internal operational controls.
- Oversee and be responsible for all mandatory training requirements within Bupa Mexico and to ensure that all employees receive appropriate training on regulatory and policy matters.
- Attend Bupa Mexico risk committees/forums as required.
- To keep the Board of Directors informed of the company's performance in regulatory and compliance matters and promptly notify any risk or irregularity detected in the operations.
- Assist the BGLA Risk and Compliance Director in leading, embedding and maintaining an effective regulatory governance framework with appropriate supporting approaches and methodologies.
- Support the BGLA Compliance Team, enabling confidence, empowerment and freedom of action.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional compliance or legal qualification (specifically in relation to Latin America and the US) or relevant insurance industry qualification.
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish with ability to speak fluently, write effectively and read perfectly in both languages.
- Direct experience of leading the development and embedding of compliance and financial crime processes across organisations.
- Experience of managing relationships with financial services regulatory bodies and other regulatory supervisors.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with proven ability to engage and drive performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional rapport, and relationship building; as well as excellent influencing, and interpersonal skills, particularly with Company directors, managers and regulators.
- Self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job and who can work effectively across departments
- Position shall be flexible to encompass other duties within the candidate's skill set to support the needs of Compliance and the Company
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to successfully interact with senior management, staff, operations, sales and business unit leaders.
- Ability to understand cultural sensitivities.
About the Company
Bupa Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.