Group Reporting Analyst
Based in Cairo, the Group Reporting Analyst is responsible for supporting and assisting the financial reporting function in Egypt and participating in the financial statements & reports preparation as well as handling year-end Audit engagement and prepare required reporting/documentation to meet external auditors requirements. This will involve preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and recording of month end closing Journals, in addition to dealing with all tax related issues & out-standing tax engagements. Mainly responsible for handling daily Operational Business needs and requirements for Bupa Egypt's Office.
- Performing Local and overseas Vendor payments and Bupa Global Middle East Staff Expense reimbursements
- Preparing month end closing Journals, ensuring process is completed within deadlines.
- Ensures proper allocation of operating expenses and that they are charged to the correct cost centers and entities.
- Assisting the bank reconciliation team with un-reconciled items on bank statements vs GL accounts.
- Performing all types of balance sheet accounts Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Booking of reclassification & adjusting entries if deemed necessary
- Maintaining flexible and opened communication channel with our bank in relation to their daily Business inquiries & needs.
- Handling different types of monthly/quarterly tax calculations and payments to Egyptian Tax Authorities.
- Prepares and maintains amortization schedule of prepaid expenses.
- Prepares estimations of all accruals for Tax and year end reporting purposes.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a fixed asset register and reconciles it to the General Ledger on a Monthly Basis.
- Reconcile all intercompany recharges, ensures that all recharges are correct. Sends out statement for all intercompany recharges generated from Bupa Egypt. Ensures that all intercompany accounts are in balance for month /year end and that they tie to statements received/sent
- Monitors and controls inter-company transactions, verifies accuracy and validity, and perform intercompany payments & transfers on a timely basis
- Ensures that all reinsurance Gl accounts reflect / tie to the quarterly re-insurance statements & reports
- Undertakes special projects and other accounting or financial duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Holding a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics from a reputable university
- 3-5 years experience or Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Banking
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles pertaining to Egypt and the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- The ability to maintain good working relationships with the finance team and group functions.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with people across different cultures and environments.
- Ability to work to targets under pressure
- The job-holder should have experience of working in a highly pressurized office environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and ability to face challenging situations.
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability.
- Fluent written and spoken skills in both English and Arabic
- An experienced accountant, with exposure to financial reporting, including adherence to strict deadlines and ideally with good understanding of insurance accounting.
- ‘’Big 4” Practice Trained
- Knowledge of general ledger and financial software (PeopleSoft)
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Highly focused, and detailed oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- The ability to present and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.