The primary functions of the Executive Assistant to the Marketing Department are: department’s budget forecasting & management, internal and external event organization & management, vendor management and department’s administrative and human resources functions. This position also handles multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Marketing Director as they arise and manages a variety of special projects for the specified department. Provides professional support, as needed to the Marketing Director and other members of the department, regardless of functional area. Also provides administrative assistance including filing, calendaring, secretarial, and general office management support for team as needed.
- Performs the Marketing team financial forecasting, working closely with Finance to develop accurate annual and monthly financial plan, and management of departmental budget to achieve plan. Manages Marketing Budget including monthly adjustments as necessary after reconciliation. Meets regularly with departmental heads, finance department members and liaises with on-shore office Accounting and Finance staff, advising on necessary adjustments to be made in order to maintain Marketing Department on budget.
- Manages Administrative Assistant on vendor invoice processing. Provides guidance and training on a regular basis.
- Maintains the filing system, ensuring contracts, corporate books, and other important legal documents are housed securely and timely updated.
- Independently researches, prioritizes, and follows up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed; including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature; determines coordinate appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Manages and oversees all day-to-day accounting, fiscal control, secretarial, and administrative activities of the Department.
- Manages Marketing Department employee on-boarding/departures within the department; coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure a smooth transition.
- Administers Human Resource functions within the department; liaises with Human Resources on all matters pertaining to department including employee documentation, legal issues, surveys, motivational employee activities, etc.
- Manages vendor relationships; liaises with legal department for Service Agreement completion and with Accounting Department for vendor payments.
- Manages Events Platform Calendar and coordinates events throughout region.
- Liaises with local event agencies and vendors, and on-shore office staff and PR Firm on event production.
- On-going support as a backup assistant to Sales Director and General Manager, in addition to Marketing Director.
- Provides administrative support for the as requested.
- Provides support for the Director, as needed, on professional and administrative needs, including preparation of presentations, mail distribution, supplies, calendaring, filing, board preparation, travel coordination and gathering of company documents from other departments.
- Timely and accurately maintains and updates various monthly reports regarding including, but limited to spend, reserves and other relevant reports as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining internal files and routinely coordinating updates.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4 year college degree or equivalent relevant coursework and experience.
- 3 years experience as a executive assistant and/or accountant, with some experience in health insurance or international business preferred.
- Ability to use Excel, Power Point, Word and other software as needed to provide support for all Counsel.
- Prefer some working experience or knowledge of insurance law or practices, particularly Latin American markets.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with ability to speak and write fluently in both languages, Portuguese is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, clearly and succinctly across all levels of the organization, in Spanish and English.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative while working effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems in a complex international environment.