Entry Level Software Architect
This is an entry level position but with lot of potential and grow within its role.
This is a hands-on position responsible to dictate technical standards, promote reusability, define and build technical designs, participate in the development of reusable pieces of code, lead the definition of tools, platforms and new technology.
The primary role of the software architect is to ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organisation’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards. The software architect is expected to ensure that the overall IT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security, viability of the solution for business and quality. The software Architect is required to define, build, manage, and govern common Bupa application technology standards resulting in the reduction of technology management costs, promoting innovation, reducing risks, and promoting Bupa Values.
- Influences business and technology implementation by understanding business needs and industry trends
- Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery
- Designs technology solutions by modelling requirements and applying standard architecture methodologies and manages the lifecycle of IT solution delivery
- Acts as an "agent of change” and continuously fosters the sharing of customer, architecture, and technical information between 3rd parties and wider Bupa.
- Optimizes among constraints (e.g., resources, technical and performance) to deliver architectural solutions, developing advanced/leading-edge technologies and/or concepts
- Understands and interprets requirements by probing for information, facilitating consensus building, and synthesizing and translating ideas into actionable requirements or deliverables.
- Guides the development team in standards, frameworks and new ways of coding to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Participate in the development of reusable code
- Work with other teams and team members to deliver on business objectives, which may require pragmatism to seeing the delivery of a solution.
- Establishes, implements, and documents technology integration or migration strategies
- Oversees technical evaluation of new technologies and tools
- Serves as an integral part of project architecture and review discussions
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and passion for software architecture
- Knowledge and experience with standards and technical design particularly in Microsoft technologies.
- Experience in building software .NET: analysis, design, and development.
- Expert knowledge of REST and Web Services with hand-on experience consuming APIs for integrating applications and/or UI developments.
- Architectural exposure to Microsoft and Digital technologies.
About the Company
Bupa Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.