Customer Service Consultant - Evening Shift
At Bupa Global, our people truly make a difference in the lives of our customers, our local communities and in the success of our company. Bupa Global employs more than 84,000 people worldwide, With a culture that rewards performance and promotes from within, Bupa Global offers challenging career opportunities across multiple locations and various lines of business.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving all customer queries to the customer's complete satisfaction without the need to refer the customer on. This will include resolving complex and challenging situations from all customer groups - individual, corporate and intermediaries.
You will be a Customer Service Champion, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and putting forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience.
Customer service roles work on a shift rotation. We are currently recruiting for the Evening Shift: 3pm-11pm or 4pm-12am
This position includes one weekend in four.
*We are recruiting for late April 2018
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers by swiftly and accurately responding to and resolving all customer requests and queries. Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, web chat and letter
- Taking end to end ownership for the resolution of all customer enquiries and contacts. Manage all queries through to resolution
- · Accurately maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact
- You will be motivated to meet your targets, and meet regulatory requirements. Your individual performance will be key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation
- Complying with all regulatory and governance requirements including FCA and Treating Customers Fairly
- Achieving all targets for contact handling, turnaround times and quality
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by putting forward ideas for improvement and making a contribution to focus groups
- Participate in regular 121s and team meetings with your Manager
- Support new team members
- Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance
- Control of actions required to resolve customer queries within cost and compliance boundaries. Identify and act upon issues that affect the customer experience and any cost or risk exposure. Authority as per Bupa Global Delegated Authorities framework. Will consult with other team members, Service Managers and the Continuous Improvement Partners
The Ideal Candidate
Do you have:
- A passion for delivering extraordinary customer service, within a customer focused environment
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Dedication in helping others
- Experience of working with people within a customer focused role
Bupa Global can offer you excellent training and development opportunities
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.