Credit Controller, Bupa Global
The Credit Controller for Bupa Global in Cairo will be responsible for ensuring that premium payments are processed accurately, and that customer account balances are pro-actively maintained with appropriate action taken to control the balance to the appropriate net position. This may include the requirement to credit control clients, including outbound contact, face to face contact and negotiation skills.
- Preparation of the daily bank receipts for application to the operating system
- Handling the initiation of the automated and part automated payment files to our operating system
- Administration of the partly automated credit control notification file to ensure our customers are advised of any outstanding balance
- Administration of the file despatch between Bupa Global and our support partners
- Administration of the internal processes regarding the management of customers pending lapse, where payment is received but not applied to a policy, where a charge-back has occurred etc
- Handling the inbound enquiries from our support partners to resolution
- Handling the inbound enquiries from our internal customers
- Supporting the reconciliation of bank account statements and credit card statements
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory standards, such as Anti-Money laundering compliance and sanction compliance.
Progressing towards the following accountabilities:
- To account manage a personal portfolio of debt and credit control related tasks through inbound and outbound telephone contact.
- Responsible for the decision making of these cases within agreed parameters without the requirement for upward referral.
- Take ownership of the enquiries and liaise between departments/suppliers/intermediaries to provide a 'seamless service' to customers.
- Take accountability for the daily administrative tasks required in line with set service standards and process parameters.
- Ensure that receipts from customers are being processed on a daily basis in line with agreed processes and service targets.
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of accounting and statements as required and investigation of unreconciled items are resolved within agreed SLAs.
- To support training requirements to other team members so adequate cover is in place for sickness and holidays.
- Identify opportunities, whether system based, process based or performance based to reduce debtor volumes, improve efficiency and improve customer experience.
- Ensure that any identified control weaknesses are escalated to the Debt Team Leader, particularly around segregation of duties, money laundering and financial crime concerns and access controls within the payments process.
- Where required support other parts of Finance, e.g. assisting with the clearance of bank reconciling items.
The Ideal Candidate
- You should relevant demonstrable experience within credit control, preferably from a similar regulated industry
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs, including achievement and evidence of high volume transactional work.
- Highly numerate with ability to process financial data quickly, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience of dealing directly with customers and communicating to them in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Track record of working effectively within a team environment.
- Track record of achieving and exceeding targeted objectives.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.