Corporate Service Advisor
To provide a dedicated and comprehensive service to our Corporate and VIP customers in line with agreed targets, service levels and call quality measures. To provide support for our corporate and VIP customers to resolve and assist with existing customer queries and issues. Aid the business to maintain and grow our customer base by providing excellent customer service.
- The job holder will be expected to take ownership and seek to resolve queries from our Corporate and VIP customers via letter, fax, e-mails, telephone calls, Web Chat and face to face contact;
- To liaise, negotiate and co-ordinate with other teams to ensure customer focused action. To provide a pro-active service at all times;
- Achieve customer-focused decision-making using judgement skills and utilising agreed authority levels;
- Investigation - The role requires investigation of issues, an ability to recognise trends of issues and where other processes are going wrong – being proactive in recommending solutions. This requires some business acumen;
- Client interactions – Able to interactive with our customers face to face under high pressurised environment or meeting to be involved in as it requires the advisor to think on their feet and to deliver on promises on return to the office;
- To establish and develop effective relationships by supporting the management of regional portfolios of business customers;
- Provide the necessary support to our clients training them when needed in issues such as: Explaining documentation, use of web-sites and claiming processes;
- To support the renewal process making sure everything has been done according to the agreement with the client.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that records reflect up to date communications with the Intermediary and enquiries are documented to high standard;
- To be able to action point of hit work, which is work needed by our Corporate and VIP customers which should be actioned on the telephone as a quick action;
- Good numeracy skills in order to work out group billing or commissions require, similar to an accounting skill;
- The team member will be expected to assist with the workload of other teams in the department according to their skills and development needs. In addition, the team member will be called upon to train and mentor new members of the CAT team depending on experience and knowledge.
- Reduce the administrative workload for the client when one of our members is going through traumatic experience in relation to their health.
- Pro-actively encourage and promote the use of our websites
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduated in upper secondary education supported by further and higher education of minimum 2 years.
- IIQE Paper I and II are required. If not, candidates are required to sit for these within 2 months.
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business at all levels
- Experience of working with intermediaries in any industry desirable but not essential
- An ability to speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin is needed.
- Broad life experience, with the ability to understand medical conditions and be impartial in giving advice to customers.
- Experience of account managing the whole customer lifecycle-being responsible for the entire customer journey and acting as a single point of contact or ‘account manager’.
- Ability to be empathetic and view issues from the customer’s perspective whilst maintaining professional attitude.
- Ability to deal with public on all levels while clearly establishing customer need. Firm yet diplomatic approach.
- PC literate and keyboard skills essential with the ability to adapt and learn new operational systems where required (SWAN and PSI).
- Flexibility – ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing work practices, extended hours, demonstrate willingness to change etc.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, using own initiative.
- Good team player.
- Organises own workload effectively.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.