Corporate Service Account Manager
As a Corporate Service Account Manager, you deliver an exceptional customer experience for our Corporate customers. You provide a dedicated and comprehensive service, acting as the primary point of contact for Group Secretaries and Intermediaries within your portfolio and deliver the highest level of customer care, creating extraordinary relationships resulting in good business retention and expansion.
Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, web chat and letter.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be supporting the renewal and securing of group schemes as well as resolving complex and challenging situations from our customers.
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
You will be a customer service champion, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and putting forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience
- Proactively manage the relationship with your portfolio of Corporate Group schemes acting as the primary point of contact for Group Secretaries and Intermediaries, supporting the onboarding of new customers
- Respond to all incoming queries from Group Secretaries/ Intermediaries by phone and email including proactive outbound Service Calls. Work closely with internal teams such as Corporate Sales, New Business, Finance and Claims to ensure a smooth customer journey
- Attend face to face client visits where appropriate. Confidently participate, supporting the Sales Account Manager and deliver on actions within agreed timescales
- Take end to end ownership of the investigation and resolution of escalations and issues. You will be required to liaise, negotiate and co-ordinate with other teams to ensure a customer focused resolution identifying issues and trends, recommending solutions within agreed authority limits
- Effectively process the renewal of the corporate groups in your portfolio, collaborating with all relevant parties, working to deadlines whilst ensuring attention to detail and great quality
- Take ownership of group billing and commission enquiries and escalate within agreed authority limits
- Complete all related customer administration such as maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system and provide appropriate reports
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting the wider Business Partnerships operation at busy times
- Support and train members depending on experience and knowledge
- Develop effective working relationships with the Corporate Service Specialists
- Pro-actively encourage and promote self-service options available
- Ensure the groups are paid up-to-date and follow the relevant process if this is not the case. Ensure invoices are issued and work with the Finance Team to support the management of customer debt.
- Participate in and contribute to regular 121s and team meetings with your Manager. Taking ownership of your personal development.
- Be a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding values and performance
- Be an advocate for change. Contribute to the continuous improvement process by putting forward ideas for improvement and making a contribution to focus groups
The Ideal Candidate
- Education to A level preferable
- Relevant qualification in customer service or related studies useful but not essential
- Microsoft Excel skills required and a high level of competency in all Microsoft software is desirable
- Good proficiency in both written and spoken English, as well as fluent in Cantonese (essential) and Mandarin (preferred)
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Highly customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Good understanding of complaint handling processes
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills
- Good problem solving and analysis and using your network to assist in fixing issues
- Experience of managing your own portfolio and face to face contact with your customers
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.