Corporate & SME Sales Consultant
The primary purpose of the Corporate & SME Sales Consultant is growing business in Switzerland; the role will also act as Deputy Legal Representative to remove single-person dependency.
New Business (NB) Generation
- Develop long-term plans in line with the overall Sales Strategy; deliver effective tactical solutions in response to short-term issues and requirements
2) Execution & Relationships
Responsible for delivering on sales strategy:
- Own and manage NB opportunities through existing intermediary relationships
- Identify new intermediary relationships to support NB growth in Switzerland
- Deliver and manage annual operating plans / sales targets with intermediaries, maximising opportunities for business growth and profitability to Bupa Global
- Conduct regular review sessions with the relevant partners providing a single view of their and their clients’ interaction and performance with Bupa Global
- Establish robust pipeline management and optimisation of pipeline opportunities
- Build strong, effective long-term relationships and manage strategic relationships within each intermediary resulting in
- increased loyalty and placement rates
- reduced and streamlined contact points across Bupa Global
- Ensure the management and activities of all partners comply with regulatory requirements in line with Bupa Global’s expectations and adhere to Sales’ terms and conditions
Deputy Legal Representative
- Understand requirements of the Legal Representative position in line with Swiss / BG legal regulations to act as Deputy Legal Representative
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant education in Sales / Marketing or related studies useful but not essential
- German mother tongue and proficiency in English required; advanced level of French preferred
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills / knowledge from international / domestic insurance or financial services industries (understanding of insurance business development process and interdependencies of relevant functions of a [medical] insurance business)
- Very good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful win-win outcomes
- A track record of achieving / exceeding targeted business results / KPIs.
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners
- Understanding of the relevant local & international legal / regulatory frameworks
- Experience of dealing with foreign cultures is important, as is the ability to develop a strong network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long-term relationships
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.