Corporate Account Manager
The Corporate Account Manager will be responsible to deliver quality account management services to an assigned portfolio of experience rated customers. To grow this portfolio profitably and to represent Bupa Global professionally both with Clients, Intermediaries and Agents.
- To manage all aspects of the corporate accounts assigned to you, including retention, renewal, contribution, expansion, pricing discussion, risk and debt management;
- Ensure all targets & objectives set and agreed with Head of Corporate Sales are met, both personal and business;
- Develop and maintain Strategic Account Plans for the key groups within the portfolio and to segment this portfolio to ensure appropriate focus on the key groups. To this end using appropriate tools/techniques e.g. Boston Boxes etc;
- Provide proactive advice to Clients on their plans, spend analysis, market & legislative changes. To prepare and present appropriate account performance material often to the highest management levels using full graphic capabilities, marketing and sales aids;
- Ensure tri-partite arrangements exist with Clients where there is a Broker involved;
- The jobholder must fully understand the opportunity and potential for each intermediary through developing long term mutually beneficial relationships;
- Ensure fully conversant with any changes within Bupa Global, including structural and organisational changes;
- Be an ambassador of Bupa Global at all times;
- To be an integral part of the large RFP process and the subsequent implementation post win;
- Ensure that all sales activities are completed in a compliant way, ensuring that the relevant governing bodies’ protocols are fulfilled;
- You should be able to demonstrate that you pay due regard to customers and treat them fairly
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Commerce/Marketing/Finance preferred.
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management including selling at Senior/Board member level;
- Demonstrated track record in growing corporate/intermediary sales and have previous working relationships with intermediaries or third party distribution channels to exceed targeted business results/KPIs;
- Have working knowledge of competitor products, business/commercial acumen on pricing/contract issues within the marketplace;
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners;
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, and capable to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships;
- Have exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Able to work independently as well as to contribute to the team;
- Skill and ability to adopt a “consultative” approach to effect problem solving and to explore options which ensure potential within a client account is maximised for the benefit of Bupa Global;
- Excellent Planning and Organisation Skills. Recognises the need to be competing priorities and plans and organises to ensure all aspects of job are managed and met;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- Excellent Presentation Skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes;
- Good team player who believes in sharing skills and knowledge, to ensure success for all
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.