Corporate Account Manager
To deliver quality account management services to an assigned portfolio of experience rated (corporate) customers. To grow this portfolio profitably and to represent Bupa Global professionally both with Clients, Intermediaries and Agents.
To act as a conduit into all internal areas of the business and to develop strong internal and external working relationships.
- To manage all aspects of the corporate accounts assigned to you, including retention, renewal, contribution, expansion, pricing discussion, risk and debt management.
- Ensure all targets & objectives set and agreed with the Head of Corporate Account Management are met, both personal and business.
- Develop and maintain Account Plans within the portfolio and to segment this portfolio to ensure appropriate focus on the key groups. To this end using appropriate tools/techniques e.g. Boston Boxes etc.
- Provide proactive advice to Clients on their plans, spend analysis, market & legislative changes. To prepare and present appropriate account performance material often to the highest management levels using full graphic capabilities, marketing and sales aids.
- Ensure tri-partite arrangements exist with Clients where there is a Broker involved.
- Must fully understand the opportunity and potential for each intermediary through developing long term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Ensure fully conversant with any changes within Bupa Global, including structural and organisational changes.
- To represent Bupa Global as a thoroughly professional organisation by good preparation and planning prior to calls and ensuring appropriate after-sales service and support.
- To prepare and present appropriate sales material often to the highest level of the company using full graphic capabilities, marketing and sales aids.
- To be an integral part of the large RFP process and the subsequent implementation post win.
- Play an active role in new business presentations/pitches representing the BGAIM account management team, including but not limited to presenting specific information relating to the account management function & how this supports the client requirement (Claims analysis, cost containment, office structure & service, wellness initiatives etc).
- To comply with and take into account any requirements from the local regulations.
Able to demonstrate that due regard to customers and treat them fairly by:
- able to explain the impact that your role and actions have on the fair treatment of customers;
- able to explain the potential implications for customers who are not treated fairly by you or others;
- make the fair treatment of customers central to all that you do;
- always seeking to be competent to do your job e.g. by completing all compulsory regulatory training on time to ensure that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills;
- always providing customers with clear information and suitable advice which takes account of their circumstances;
- only selling customers products that they need;
- discuss the risks/benefits of a product with customers in a clear, simple way ensuring it is not misleading and allowing them to positively confirm their understanding of the product that they are purchasing.
The Ideal Candidate
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management including selling at Senior/Board member level;
- Demonstrated track record in growing intermediary sales and have previous working relationships with intermediaries or third party distribution channels to exceed targeted business results/KPIs;
- Have working knowledge of competitor products, business/commercial acumen on pricing/contract issues within the marketplace;
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners;
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, and capable to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships;
- An ability to speak a second language, is desirable;
- Have exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks;
- Able to work independently as well as to contribute to the team;
- Skill and ability to adopt a “consultative” approach to effect problem solving and to explore options which ensure potential within a client account is maximised for the benefit of Bupa Global;
- Excellent Planning and Organisation Skills. Recognises the need to be competing priorities and plans and organises to ensure all aspects of job are managed and met;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- Excellent Presentation Skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes;
- Good team player who believes in sharing skills and knowledge, to ensure success for all
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa's strategic priorities. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.