Commercial Finance Business Partner
The purpose of this role is to provide financial analysis and support for the forecasting and commercial side of the business thus ensuring the company can make informed decisions on future strategies. Creates & develops budgeting forecasts & financial models, experience studies, variance analysis, and the preparation of the monthly managing director’s report. Prepare business case development and strategy support. Identify risks to the profitability of the business and makes recommendations for profit improvement.
- Business partnering with the sales, partnerships development, and other BU teams to deliver continuous improvements, insights into the data and delivering targeted profitability.
- Challenge and develop current process and methodologies and push for improvement
- Assist in the preparation of full company budgets and rolling forecasts at a significant level of detail, ensuring the results are consistent with company history and accounting practices.
- Perform monthly actual to budget variance analysis
- Design sophisticated financial models to support business decisions
- Create & develop reports and key performance indicators to fulfil the needs of all departments, as well as the delivering associated training
- Prepare executive high level reports for senior management on periodic basis
- Build and maintain detailed and comprehensive analysis and trends.
- Implement internal checks and balances to ensure the integrity of the data results and its relevance to the business, and coordinates changes with the Finance Database Reporting team.
- Analyze data in various ways to identify trends and deficiencies, reports finding and drive changes across the business.
- Perform other functions and projects as assigned by Financial Planning & Analysis Manager or Chief Financial Officer.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science or any related field required
- MBA preferred
- Solid (6-10) years growing experience in financial planning, accounting , or actuarial science
- Preferred knowledge of statistics, actuarial calculations and health care
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Access, Word, and Powerpoint at an advanced level
- Extensive Data Management Skills
- Competency with financial data modelling
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks, coordinate and meet various deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and ability to drive and embrace change
- Strong process improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development
- SQL programming is a highly desired qualification.
- Health insurance a plus English/Spanish proficiency desirable.
About the Company
Bupa Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer and in compliance with the law prohibits discrimination against applicants and employees based on the following characteristics: veteran status, uniformed service member status, sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, familial status, citizenship, sickle cell trait, AIDS/HIV status (actual or perceived), genetic information, testing or characteristics or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Bupa’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy applies to all applicants and employees with respect to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, transfer, layoff recall, benefits, promotion and separation.