Claims Management Consultant
Ensure an exceptional customer experience for our customers by swiftly and accurately resolving all customer claims queries. Customer contact will be across all communication channels – phone, email, web chat and letter.
This is a diverse and skilled customer facing role where you will be responsible for resolving all claims queries to the customer’s complete satisfaction without the need to refer the customer on. This will include assessing complex and high value claims from all customer groups – Individual, Provider Corporate and Intermediaries.
Your individual performance will be a key contribution to the department achieving all targets for quality, productivity, compliance and regulation.
You will be a claims subject matter expert, putting the customer at the centre of everything you do and using your claims knowledge to put forward ideas for the continual improvement of the customer experience.
- Taking end to end ownership for the resolution of all customer claims enquiries;
- Case managing all queries through to resolution within agreed targets;
- Managing the assessment of Customer claims, including both high value and complex claims;
- Accurately maintaining and updating customer records on the customer management system. Ensure that records are accurately updated whenever a customer makes contact;
- Complying with all regulatory and local governance requirements including FCA and Treating Customers Fairly;
- Achieving all targets for contact handling, turnaround times and quality;
- Participate in regular 121s and team meetings with your Manager;
- Support new team members;
- Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviours and performance;
- Being a Customer Service Champion within Claims. Contribute to the continuous improvement process by challenging existing process and contributing ideas for improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification in customer service delivery and/or claims management useful but not essential;
- Background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management;
- Previous experience in the delivery of customer service within a contact centre setting, coupled with experience of case managing customer queries thorough to resolution;
- Significant experience of claims assessment / management within the healthcare sector;
- A track record of achieving and exceeding productivity and quality targets in a high performing team environment;
- Highly customer focused;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes;
- Must be conversant in both Mandarin and English with good written ability.