Change Process & Business Analyst
The Change Process & Business Analyst will document business requirements and processes, assess outcomes, make recommendations, and apply best practice.
The Analyst will lead large development implementations and support process improvement initiatives within the Change Department and BGLA Program Priorities. The Analyst will also lead minor changes where a Program Manager is not required.
Liaises between the business, change program managers, and the technical development staff and ensures clarity and understanding of organization's direction, structure, and requirements.
Validates requirements for change with creation of business operational processes and the Information System recommended solutions by the development team. Identifies options for improving business systems and/or operational processes and impacted business rules.
- Focuses on managing strategic projects working efficiently in all areas of the project life cycle: requirements analysis, specifications development, application development, testing and implementation.
- Leads process design sessions to document “as-is” and “to-be” process maps that match requirements of projects and that impact the business and /or systems. Creates user manuals and other documentation for end-users. Communicates status issues and changes to appropriate audience.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates complex business rules, systems and user requirements, prepares requirements and matching to be process maps, specifications, and recommendations.
- Identifies and documents benefits, costs and risks associated with solution alternatives.
- Liaises between the business and the technical staff through timely standups. Identifies possible impediments to meeting organization’s and department objectives and takes appropriate action to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
- Maps traceability requirements to the associated design and testing coverage; is responsible for obtaining document approval from the appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas. Schedules and coordinates business requirement gathering sessions with key stakeholders. Assists programmers gather all the business users’ requirements and support effective system and user acceptance testing.
- Conduct process simulation and user training. Ensures support handover is successful.
- Partner and participate in meetings with Change Program Managers and business SMEs or Project Teams
- Communicate learning’s, recommendations and status via workshops, presentations and other meetings as appropriate.
- Tests improvements and changes to the applications, defines test conditions and develops accurate and complete test plans. Conducts testing according to plan. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) with concentration/major in Computer Science, Information Science (preferred), Process Improvement, or Business Degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish read and write with ability to communicate effectively in both languages is required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, with at least 3-4 years’ experience in health care, health insurance or financial services
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Scrum Certification or Agile experience a plus
- Experience in facilitating process design sessions and documenting “as-is” and “to-be” process models
- Solid proven experience and knowledge in all areas of the project life cycle, requirements analysis, specifications development, application development, testing and implementation.