Business Support Specialist
The purpose of the Business Support Specialist is to work as part of the Global IT Service Desk function, to ensure a professional customer focused service, supported by standardised global processes and IT best practices. Providing ticket resolution with expert user advice and guidance, as well as access management to Bupa Global Business applications. With focused on supporting the BGAIM (Bupa Global Africa, India, Middle East) region.
- Resolve IT Incidents, observing operational priority, impact and SLA, and escalating where appropriate.
- Compete IT Requests in an effective manner, by understanding the true business requirement and outcome.
- Focus on root cause analysis and resolution for re-occurring Incidents and Events.
- Manage User access and security controls for Bupa Global systems and Applications.
- Follow ITIL based incident, request and problem management procedures to ensure a cost effective and efficient service
- Respond to IT queries in an informed and helpful manner, seeking opportunities to provide innovative and insightful information and idea.
- Deliver timely and appropriate communication to stakeholders and internal customers, providing acknowledgement and effective updates.
- Act as a single Bupa Global IT function, supporting systems and colleagues across the Market Unit, providing advice and guidance and also acting as ambassador for IT.
- Work in partnership with in-sourced and outsourced IT service providers, including Global IS&T and overseas based IT support managed service functions.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve IT issues relating to 3rd party supplied IT systems and services, taking ownership of the outcome
- Always be up to date with official Bupa policies, and enforce agreed security policies.
- Exercises high level discretion and judgment in dealing with access to highly sensitive information, and perform tasks requiring a high degree of precision and quality focus.
- Recommend opportunities, and to participate in the delivery, of activities that will improve overall customer satisfaction and ensure continuous improvement of the service delivered to our customers.
- Maintain and update software configuration across all Bupa Global applications.
- Act as local desktop support, including building new devices, unlocking accounts, assist with general service desk support.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate Calibre, IT professional
- Background in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science preferable.
- ITIL certification to foundation level or practical experience of working with an ITIL framework.
- Experience working in an IT support function.
- Good understanding of supporting applications, processes and key products.
- Knowledge and practical experience working with and supporting basic Network and Telephony infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience of a broad range of technologies or expert in a single technology.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.