Business Intelligence developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for aggregating data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse and designing enterprise-level solutions for very large multidimensional databases. Additional responsibilities include:
- Designing and plan BI solutions
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions
- Creating and deploying reports
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining database servers
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build, deploy and maintain BI solutions: Data marts, reporting tools, etc.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Design and develop SSRS Reports and BI Dashboards
- Utilize strong SQL Development experience to build efficient ad-hoc queries & stored procedures
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain data models to be used by various reporting and data discovery tools.
- Ensure that data is available to decision makers through BI tools that you and providers create, as well as self-service methods.
- Work with providers to implement BI solutions
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components.
- Analyzing complex data from multiple sources, you’ll be responsible for detecting problems with the database and suggesting improvements that will have immediate impact.
- Facilitate design sessions and synthesize requirements into consumable and reliable metrics
- Propose impactful visualizations as needed and document reporting specifications as designated by the reporting consumer
- Develop requisite reporting objects with device consumption flexibility
- Ensure data quality of information powering your visualizations
- Document and maintain governance information regarding data and objects in the reporting enterprise
- Share responsibility for ensuring optimal performance of BI systems and tools
- Share responsibility for maintenance, administration and support of databases and BI elements.
- Share responsibility in the administration of data security and ensuring the integrity of the company’s reporting databases.
- Share responsibility in capacity management of Databases and BI tools.
- Monitors databases and replication servers for resource utilization and provide ongoing trend analysis for determining current need and forecasting future resource
- Creates, maintains, and updates automated jobs to maintain proper functionality and health of BI systems.
- Ensures high availability for data access, by working closely with the server management team to develop availability strategies and solutions and by coordinating the purchase of technologies that meet these needs.
- Stays informed as to current industry trends and technologies, and recommends solutions accordingly.
The Ideal Candidate
- 4 year college degree required in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies. e.g. Microsoft Power
- Knowledge of SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in insurance or health care is preferred
- Detail Oriented with a strong analytical aptitude and ability to model data into information
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work alone or with others
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, time management and multitasking
- Attention to detail and thoroughness as well as a positive attitude are essential pre-requisites of the job.