Business Development Consultant
The Partnering Business Development Consultant will report to the Head of Partnering Distribution (BGGC) with the primary purpose of building sustainable, growth oriented and profitable partnerships with third party organisations (which may or may not include Bupa Sister Companies)
- To support the Head of Partnering Distribution (BGGC) in driving, leading and co-ordinating revenue growth (new business and retention) of the product range distributed through 3rd parties in the region
- Be the day to day relationship point of contact on behalf of Bupa Global Business Unit with the allocated third party organisation.
- Be the lead on 3rd party relationship governance, supported by various internal departgments who collaborate to ensure the partnerhsip is effective and operational
- Support as Bupa Global's funnel for the developing and maintaining an understanding of the local insurance / IPMI markets, local regulatory frameworks, business opportunities and risks in that locality
- Act as intial point of contact for the escalation and resolution of issues and problems relating to the Bupa’s dealings with the 3rd parties allocated in region
- Colaborate with marketing to build, develop and execute market facing promotions to ensure a clear and consistent face to the market
- Evaluate and determine approach to all ‘Globalista’ segments in market that can be targeted via 3rd parties engaged.
- Take accountability for issue resolution and undertaking investigation and reconcillation activites as are necessary for the speedy resolution of issues.
- Support the Head of Partnering Distribution (BGGC) to build, deliver and manage strategic plans, annual operating plans and sales targets within the region, maximising opportunities for business growth and profitability to Bupa Global from partnering.
- Work with Partner Service team to ensure that the activities of the partnerships adhere to the terms and conditions of the partner agreements, including service level agreements, and ensure that each partnership maintains its regulatory compliance.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to measure the performance of the partner and of Bupa's business in its on shore territories.
- Undertake regular re-evaluations of the dynamics (both commercial and regulatory) of countries/markets for which the job holder is responsible
- Ensure information is kept up-to-date and compliant and that contingency plans are in place in the event of issues with the partner/country.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with sales and business development of third parties
- Sales background in the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management
- Some exposure to relevant local legal and regulatory frameworks
- Understanding of the business development process and the interdependencies of pricing, risk management, marketing, distribution, product development, systems, legal and operational aspects of running a medical insurance business
- Experience in negotiating and managing high-value contracts with external and internal partners
- Experience of working overseas and dealing with foreign cultures is important, as is the ability to develop a strong international network of commercial contacts and effectively manage long term relationships
- An ability to speak and write other languages – as minimum English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
- Corporate governance experience of value
About the Company
Bupa is a leading global health and care company, offering health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. Bupa has over 30M customers in 190 countries and employs close to 80,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA
Bupa is a purposeful, commercial organisation. Bupa's purpose is: longer, healthier, happier lives. It defines everything we do and is the reason we exist. With no shareholders our profits are reinvested to provide more and better healthcare fulfilling our purpose.
We have grown significantly, particularly over the past three years (2013, 2014 and 2015), when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are targeting revenues in excess of £12Bn in 2015. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, to improve the health of the world. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa Global is the worldwide Bupa business. We provide international private medical insurance products and services for globally minded and mobile people who want the most premium coverage and access to the best healthcare anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad. We have over 1,700 employees working for our circa 2million customers around the world. We have a medical advice line staffed by a team of experienced, multi-lingual advisers to offer our customers support 24 hours a day, every day. We also have an emergency medical team of doctors on hand as an optional benefit to organise emergency assistance and evacuations.
Bupa Global has key regional offices in London, Brighton, Miami, Philadelphia, Copenhagen and Hong Kong as well as commercial operations in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Bupa Global Greater China, Bupa Global Latin America, Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Rest of World.