- To provide business analysis skills for all key MI reporting, claims analysis, claims reporting, financial reporting, regulatory compliance reporting, member data exchange and database management.
- To be the primary source of knowledge for business capability and business process within their project, and to liaise with delivery teams within other projects to ensure alignment of business knowledge and solution design.
- To work with the business, helping to clarify and define problems and opportunities, to identify options for business system and process improvements, and to act as the interface between the needs of the business and the provision of operational and technical solutions.
- To assist with the design and development of data exchange models
- To work with internal stakeholders to gather, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for reporting on business performance
- To assist with thought-guidance within the operation by investigating operational and technical solutions and initiatives with potential business benefit, and presenting proposals to stakeholders.
- To develop, manage and maintain bespoke tools used to enhance the companies oversight on the various business performance lines
- To track and monitor end-to-end processes and customer journeys to reflect current state of play
- To develop a thorough knowledge of the business area and the impact of requested changes or reporting need.
- To ensure all customer data is exchanged with insurance partners in a timely and accurate manner, where needed develop advance reconciliation database techniques
- To assist the Governance manager in regulatory reporting needs
- To develop a comprehensive database and reporting using SQL and SAS language
- To ensure that relevant stakeholders are involved in the specification of new services.
- Analyse customer Operations KPIs in line with Divisional models and systems.
- Generate regular KPI and quality audit analysis reports for distribution to Operations management.
- Monitor trends in customer Operations performance and highlight potential opportunities for improvement to management.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as requested by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Willingness to adapt to different situations.
- Experience with SQL and SAS required
- Advanced experience with regulation in the UAE including HAAD and DHA data collection
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills for an executive level audience.
- A keen eye for detail is essential.
- Experienced in working alongside technical staff on technical projects such as development of Insurance Systems, ideally having worked closely with Front Office systems such as underwriting Systems, claims Systems or finance systems.
- Strong subject matter expertise – either working with particular technologies or in specific, relevant business areas, such as Insurance.
- Good understanding of current and emerging IT and technologies, and awareness of current and significant trends in the Technology industry
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Brazil, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (34.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can make adjustments accordingly.