Application Support Analyst
The purpose of the Application Support Analyst is to ensure an exceptional customer experience for Bupa Global’s IT system users by swiftly and effectively responding to and resolving IT Incidents, Events, Requests and queries. The role holder will be working with the rest of the Application Support Team globally. This includes investigating and resolving complex, challenging and urgent IT issues and opportunities.
- Resolve IT Incidents and Events, observing operational priority, impact and SLAs, in a timely manner, escalating where appropriate.
- Undertaking minor development work with the potential to grow this aspect over time.
- Work on different systems, and issues, beyond own expertise; whilst maintaining quality of service.
- Focus on root cause analysis and resolution for re-occurring Incidents and Events and make long term recommendations and fixes.
- Complete IT Requests in an effective manner, by understanding the true business requirement, outcome and suitable technical solutions.
- Recommend opportunities to IT management to improve the overall IT strategy and value of IT to Bupa Global
- On-boarding assigned new IT systems into the Production Services function, acting as the interface with the Change Team and, where appropriate, being embedded in major change projects and programmes; ensuring delivered services are supportable (appropriate monitoring & alerting, tooling, reliability).
- Take part in implementation and change control activities.
- Deliver timely and appropriate communication to stakeholders and internal customers, providing acknowledgement and effective updates.
- Act as a single Bupa Global IT function, supporting systems and colleagues across the Market Unit.
- Work in partnership with in-sourced and outsourced IT service providers, including Global IS&T and overseas based IT support managed service functions.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve IT issues relating to 3rd party supplied IT systems and services, taking ownership of the outcome.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and experience of a range of technologies.
- Experience of working in a matrix managed environment, with mixed teams including contractors and outsourced vendors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Fluent spoken and written English
About the Company
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers globally. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 79,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: Customers, People, Performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age. As a service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance.
We are looking for individuals who share in our values and this strategy, and are capable of delivering outstanding results for the business.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 2,000 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Africa, India & Middle East; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.
Timescales for reviewing applications will differ between regions, but you will always receive a response to your application. The recruitment process itself will vary per role and region, but you will be updated along the way via phone and email (so please look out for these!). To view what stage of the process your application is currently at, you can also log in and view your dashboard.
If you are invited to an interview, a member of the resourcing team will be able to advise you on what to expect. This will vary in region, but will likely include an initial phone or digital interview, followed by one or more of the following depending on the role: Core capability interview; Technical/function specific interview; Online profiling assessment; Presentation, written task, role play; Assessment centre.
If your application is successful and you’re invited to join the team, the resourcing team will guide you through your on boarding journey.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to attend an interview, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to the interview at email@example.com, so we can make adjustments accordingly.