Application Developer Analyst
As an Application Developer Analyst, you will spend the majority of your time working in a hands-on way on day-to-day development tasks and the remainder working on projects requiring a high degree of technical expertise in Microsoft .NET technologies. Application release management is also within the responsibilities.
This position will provide daily frontline support through analysis, resolution, testing, and release of submitted issues. Including acting as a liaison to multiple and diverse business groups and technologies.
- Complete assigned programming duties, reporting progress to senior staff and Managers.
- When no senior developer is assigned to a project, acts as a collection point to make sure that junior staff tasks are completed and consolidated appropriately.
- Participates in code review sessions among other development team members and architects.
- Updates assigned user stories with the latest information and status.
- Communicates progress/status amongst respective project teams, cross-department teams, and business customers.
- Works with a Lead Developer regarding application support, helping to oversee the communication, analysis, testing, and implementation as the need arises.
- Works closely with QA to ensure application design is understood, the testing approach is agreed upon, and there is a full understanding of the user story at hand.
- Assists in developing project estimates and timelines.
- Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines, policies, and procedures to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Relies on research and domain expertise to work on technical projects.
- Serves as the final escalation point for critical issues in their area of expertise.
- Participates in team meetings and reviews
- Troubleshoot internal support tickets related to production systems and work with development and operations to resolve.
- Bring issue resolution and prevention by providing guidance and subject matter expertise to internal teams.
- Ensure that all internal and external service levels are met in a timely manner while meeting quality standards.
- Use deductive problem-solving skills to investigate and solve a broad range of problems.
- Leverage technical skills to analyze system configuration, logs, database contents, and source code to aid in defect resolution.
- Identify defects in software and escalate appropriately to ensure that defects are eliminated, and affected data is corrected.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must demonstrate proficient knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, SQL Development, SSIS-ETL development, VB.NET, MVC, Entity, Web Forms, SSRS.
- Experience with enterprise integration
- Ability to interact effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Willingness to research and figure out complex software and rules
- Familiarity with troubleshooting methodologies
- Familiar with change control systems, change tracking, DevOps, M.S. Team services, Application Lifecycle Management.
- Ability to apply technical expertise to design system solutions. Skill to use defined procedures to configure, test and debug software.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate well to internal and external clients and understand their needs
- Organization and prioritization skills are a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Platforms
- Experience on Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology discipline